I filed a dispute, and now that the case is closed, I can't file an appeal?

fa2023
New Community Member

I bought a refurbished laptop, and out of nowhere the laptop shut off and would not turn back on. The website offered warranty, so I sent the laptop back, and it took over 10 days but they finally contacted me back and finalized the case. They sent me a completely different laptop and charger that do not work. The laptop has keys that don't work and the charger sparks up and falls out, these don't seem like apple products to me. I opened a dispute with PayPal, and "the case was closed in the seller’s favor as the item was altered or repaired while in your possession." How was the item repaired or altered in my possession if this is the new laptop and charger they sent me? I tried to appeal the case, but I only have a "view" button that sends me back to the conversation between me and paypal. Is there any way to dispute this? I'm left without a working laptop.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fa2023 

You’ll have to call customer service but beware, purchase protection does not cover warranties. You may have to file a credit card chargeback if the appeal is denied.

Contact customer services for assistance:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us      

Click Message Us or Call Us option below the Common Issues section.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.