How to stop this scam: HONG KONG SOOUYA TECHNOLOGY LIMITED

TwoRoses1
Contributor
Contributor

As a test, I paid $1.49 to locate my phone. Never located.

They want to take a monthly amount. None of their emails work.

How do I block them?

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TwoRoses1 

Check if you had a subscription set up and if so cancel it?
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KazooTom
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem also. Used credit card to charge 0.99 cents, card company shows a pending charge for a subscription I don't want. Tried the solution given here but pay pal shows no activity to be able to cancel it. Are there any other solutions?

Login to Me Too

Akanikki
Contributor
Contributor
They took $39.99 from me as Hong Kong Soouya technology limited website and email say chamspy PayPal receipt says techmobi who are they ? They took money I needed for my husband who is away...anyone help?
Login to Me Too

KazooTom
Contributor
Contributor

I have attempted to remove any subscription from PayPal but there are none on my account. Tried to cancel through the company website but will not recognize the cancelation. I have made a dispute through my credit card company. In addition to the dispute I had the credit card company block any further transactions with this company.

Login to Me Too

TwoRoses1
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted paypal and they deleted the subscription. It turned out that I hadn't signed in to paypal but had paid as a guest.

Login to Me Too

RalphEagle
Contributor
Contributor

Call your credit card company's fraud unit and request that the merchant be blocked. This was easy.  It took me about 10 minutes this morning.  I hadn't noticed the $39 charge to my Visa card 2 days after the initial 99 cent charge in June. When I called the bank I was informed that a second $39 charge for a monthly subscription that I had not ordered was posted today. Blocking the "merchant" was much simpler than I expected.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Akanikki 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ginasmith1957
Contributor
Contributor

Gabe777
New Community Member

I have the same problem with my account. I never gave them the authorization to take 39,99  from my account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.