How to sell an item

Sbutterfield
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm sure this should be straight forward but cannot get a clear picture of how to sell an item to ensure  I'm covered but the seller protection programme. 

I would like to sell an item of Jewellery. I have a number of people interested (Facebook market place). I am aware that the the delivery address should be the address used by the purchaser but not sure how I get to see this. I have a person interested who has asked me to request money from their PayPal account but this feels to me the wrong way to go as I would not see a delivery address and could compromise the protection programme?

So in short, how do I sell an item using PayPal ensuring PayPal seller protection please!! many thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hello @Sbutterfield,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

If you sell an item, you should request the buyer send the payment to your PayPal account. Once you receive the payment, you will be given the correct delivery address to send the item to. This will ensure you are covered under our Seller Protection Policy.

If you send the item to another address, you are not covered. I would also advise you send the item using a trackable method that can be checked online.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.