How to revert obnoxious permanent account limitation, phone contact to costumer service of no help.

peabreu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

A few days ago was contacted by email to provide some data elements to paypal. sent a few and contacted costumer service by phone to understand the situation, they told me it would be solved without problems. One day later I receive one email indicating my account and all funds permanently limited. I have been working with Paypal for over 10 years without issues and now this brikwall. How can one appeal as none of the contacts seem to help.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peabreu 

File complaint:

https://www.paypal.com/pt/smarthelp/complaints

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alcatrax
Contributor
Contributor

My recommendation is to not bother, my account got permanently limited recently after 8 years of usage without any issues and sending several complaints to them didn't make them budge nor give me any info on what I did wrong. **bleep** company with horrible customer "service" and terrible user agreement. They've locked the bank account onto a dead account, so I can't remove it at all and I have several orders that I've put PayPal as a payment method and now they'll fall through. Truly despicable company.

Login to Me Too

Temp20230111a
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same. It seems only fair that they tell you what you did wrong. I’ve looked at the terms and conditions and can’t see what I’ve done. I’ve o ot used the facilities for the purposes for which they were designed and haven’t done anything illegal, immoral or distasteful. It’s weird
Login to Me Too

Temp20230111a
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve been banned too. I’m not a seller, I just use PayPal to buy things online and send money to people abroad. I’m banned with no reason and every time I phone they raise it to the back office who will reply in 72 hours. They don’t reply though. Meanwhile, many of my regular subscriptions have not been paid and I’ve had to change the billing information on several accounts. I could open another PayPal account with a different credit card and email address but I’m an honest person who doesn’t want to deceive anyone. Crooks can easily get around the regulations but honest people who have done nothing wrong will be ‘caught’.
Login to Me Too

Alcatrax
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, even PayPal is crooked beyond belief. They wanted to fine people for saying "misinformation" which they had to backtrack. Why is a payment processing service supposed to deal with this unless they sleep with some government agencies around the world to be able to do this. I've lost all trust at this company as they just refuse to talk to me over the ban and even their twitter/fb support isn't telling me beyond what I already know.  

Login to Me Too

Temp20230111a
Contributor
Contributor
It’s all very strange, that’s for sure.
Login to Me Too

peabreu
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I knew the crooks they turned out to be. They simply decide to close the account and kept my balance, over 1000€ to release after 180 days. This is utter **bleep** and I am passing this to the EU finance surveillance institutions like the CSSF. This can not be legal. I mean PP service was very convenient but now all I want is my money I would never trust this company again. I am alerting everyone I know as this unilateral decision by some stupid person that takes these decisions is simply unacceptable when they keep our money. They do not even tell exactly what was the supposed problem. Is simply unbelievable.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@peabreu 

The CSSF approved paypals user agreement and the 180 day hold contained in that agreement.

They hold the funds for 180 days as that is the time that buyers can file a paypal dispute so if that happened they want the funds in your balance to refund any buyers that win disputes against you.

As long as you opened an account in your country / are not a minor / the account is in your legal name and have not broken the acceptable use policy then you should get the funds released at 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

peabreu
Contributor
Contributor

Well, if CSSF anoyed to this then we are in way deeper sxxxt than what I thought. Why should they keep the funds when they have our credit cards and bank accounts referenced? What is more frustrating is the brikwall attitude of not caring and try to solve the situation because I have no idea what triggered this. I was told I would have to present some documents like ID and, strange enought, proof of purchase of a few items I sold in dedicated sites and had until mid February to present those. I contacted costumer service to try understand the situation and try explain how difficult is to get proof of original purchase of items bought 5/7 years ago and they told me should be no problem otherwise they would contact to ask for what was still missing, turns out I receive a mail with permanent closure of account after 24h of talking with Costumer service...to ask advise from them. How odd is this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.