Hong Kong

gibbyw1964
New Community Member
They are getting into PayPal’s customers private information and data. I used my prepaid card to do the locate phone as the gentleman also stated he did. That was it a .99 charge. From there they tried taking $39.99 from my bank account and NO I did not give them by bank information yet PayPal does have that information. On my statement at my bank it is listed as the HingKong Technology/paypal. I went into my PayPal account to remove all of my personal information and it would not let me. It stated not until they were finished looking into the complaint my bank filed. What??? This is my bank account and cards, not PayPal’s. I understand PayPal has to research on their end but they have all the information they need to do so and no need to keep my personal information. How easy was it for this company to just set up reoccurring payments to be taken from my bank account without notifying me or getting my permission, they just assumed it was okay? And just how easy was it for this company to enter into PayPal’s personal data and retrieve my personal banking information? Very easy and therefore I believe a breach on the fault of PayPal has been broken.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gibbyw1964 

>They are getting into PayPal’s customers private information and data.

Not necessarily. When you complete checkout, you agree to terms which may include setting up a billing agreement profile in your PayPal account with merchant allowing the merchant to charge you recurring payments so read merchant’s terms and conditions and any links to terms/conditions on PayPal checkout screens carefully before completing payment. It’s how these online services work. They charge an introductory price to hook you in but if you’re not paying attention, you inadvertently agree to recurring subscription where they can charge you full price later.

See your automatic payments settings to cancel the merchant’s agreement.

Also remove any permissions given.

To undo these kinds of transactions are not very easy since you agreed to it when making the initial transaction so claiming unauthorized transaction is difficult unless someone really broke into your account to make the transaction. And PayPal’s automated system processing disputes will auto deny you after checking login history, account history, IP address, device used and show no evidence of a breach. If you fee the auto denial is incorrect, then you’ll have to get a human to do a deeper review if you really didn’t make even the initial transaction that set up the billing agreement.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.