Help! Unauthorised transaction but I am not eligible for Buyer Protection

gabbyyeong

When I logged in to my Paypal account, I found that my account balance was $0, and that there was a JPMorgan bank account added to my Paypal account without my knowledge, and my balance has been transferred over to that account! I did not receive any email notification of such an activity, and I am using 2FA. I submitted a ticket to dispute this transaction, and within about 15 to 20 minutes, Paypal agrees that it was an unauthorised transaction AND that I am not eligible to Buyer Protection, and that i will not get a refund!?

What the heck!? Paypal agrees that there was an unauthorised transaction but I will not be protected from it AND will not have my money refunded for a transaction that was not initiated and authorised by me!?

Terrible service and company!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gabbyyeong 

Read the section on unauthorised transactions in the user agreement for your country.

Paypal does not cover all unauthorised transactions so you need to see why you missed out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gabbyyeong

@kernowlass 

This is what is written in Paypal's User Agreement

"This user agreement will be effective for all users as of November 15, 2022.

If you notify us of an Unauthorized Transaction within sixty (60) days of the transaction and we are satisfied that it was an Unauthorized Transaction, you will be eligible for 100% protection for the Unauthorized Transaction."

The resolution centre has acknowledge that there was an unauthorised transaction on my account, but reneges on their own terms of declaration that "you will be eligible for 100% protection." I fail to see how and why I am not eligible for protection given the above condition.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @gabbyyeong,

Welcome to our community help forum!

Thanks for the help @kernowlass! I do understand your concern about the unauthorized transfer in your PayPal account. I would recommend you to reach out to our support team for more details on the reason for the transaction not qualified for the refund. You can also message us through Twitter/Facebook pages for additional assistance. 

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.