Help Fastspring fraud

ryanmariedobbin
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged from a a company called Fastspring and I didn't sign up or even recognize the company and company products

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ryanmariedobbin 

Look up the charge:

https://fastspring.com/consumer-support/topics/Question-a-Charge/

Fastspring processes payments for SaaS (Software As A Service) and software companies that sell online. You may have forgotten to cancel a trial software subscription.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @ryanmariedobbin

First of all, welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I am sorry to hear there is some confusion regarding a payment. 

Thank you very much for this information @sharpiemarker, it sounds like this may have been a billing agreement or subscription. 

If you think there has been unauthorised use on your account, here is some help: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity? (paypal.com) 

Also, you can view all your active billing agreements, I would advise reviewing this just to ensure there are no more billing agreements you may not remember signing up to due to expired free trials etc. Please see the following on how to manage your billing agreements: What is an automatic payment and how do I cancel or update one? (paypal.com) 

If you would like to dispute this billing agreement, see: How do I report a billing issue? (paypal.com). However, keep in mind that the billing agreement would need to have been cancelled directly with the merchant before the charge was initiated. 

I find in these cases, it is helpful to contact the merchant directly in order to investigate this or request a refund. 

I hope this helps, have a lovely day! 

Rebecca 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

MeGinny
Contributor
Contributor

I always get confused by this payment in my PayPal ledger.  For me, it's a yearly charge for a service called Clean email.  I use this service regularly, and it helps me maintain something like a fighting chance in my email inbox.  Spamming is real.  

It's my understanding that Fastspring handles billing for multiple companies that provide software resources.

Good hunting.

Login to Me Too

sonettguy
New Community Member

Fastspring handles my Mailbird subscription. Confusing, I know. -s

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.