Hello folks i was scammed by an unknown person, how can i get my money back. Can somebody help me

radharavish27
Contributor
Contributor
Hello folks i was scammed by an unknown person, how can i get my money back. Can somebody help me
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radharavish27 

As you have given 0 information on how you were scammed then sorry no.

We need some information to be able to advise.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

radharavish27
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Kernowlass, Sorry here are the facts, I responded to a scam job ad on which I was selected to accept the fake offer and ashed to deposit fake checks for some reason I did not , then was pushed on Fri july 14th to send to the scammer $800 and $400 to another scammer money thru Venmo and PayPal respectively to ship me computer equipments for my home office job which was fake after all. Till now there has been no computer equipments shipped or response from the vendors to whom I sent money thru Venmo and PayPal respectively. Venmo and PayPal have said there is nothing thru can do about it. This is hard earned money kept for medical emergency as iam a atient with coronary heart artery disease after a se and major heart attack. Pls help and support. Hope the above information is enough to give me advise. Thx much 🙏🙏🙏 Ravi.G
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radharavish27 

You sent funds including high amounts to a stranger on the internet on the promise of a job??  🤔

Did you honestly think they needed to ship computer equipment !!!

Anyways how did you 'send' the funds, friends/family or goods/services?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

radharavish27
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Kernolass, As friends and family. I sent $400 + $11.95 service fee => $411.95 and $800 thru Venmo.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radharavish27 

Oh dear then by sending friends/family you negated your buyer protection.

All you can do is 'if' you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then talk to your card issuer and see if they can chargeback for you, however they may decline as well as it was not a goods/services payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

radharavish27
Contributor
Contributor
Omg what can I do now ? I had saved that money for emergency medical expenses. Dumbest me I sent pmt thru friends and family to avoid fees. Not sure what to do now since the card issuers have also said that they cant do anything. 😢🙄😓 can someone pls help me to get my money back 🙏🙏🙏
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. Thank you @kernowlass for your help so far on this thread. We really appreciate all your time and expertise you provide our customers. Thank you.

Hello @radharavish27, I can certainly understand how concerning of a situation this must be. As kernowlass has stated, unfortunately you would not have any Purchase Protection on a Friends / Family transaction through PayPal. Unless these transactions were sent by someone else who accessed your account, I'm sorry to say we would not have a recommendation we could make to get your money back. I would recommend reporting this through ic3.gov, the FBI's internet crime complaint center. However, that report would not guarantee any refund of your money through PayPal, Venmo, or your financial institution.

My sincerest apologies we couldn't be more help in this situation. Best wishes on your future transactions through PayPal and Venmo, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.