Ebay Seller sent me the shipping return costs then disputed it!!

myusernamemate
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal Community!

I hope you all doing well, lately I have returned an item to a seller from Ebay, as the seller was not able to provide the return label, he sent me the return shipping costs directly to my PayPal, after I have returned the the item to the postal office and sent him the receipt with the tracking number, he disputed the transaction.

I have responded by explaining the situation, and provided all the messages between me and the seller, and the receipt of the returned package, also added the tracking number.

But Paypal ruled in favor of the seller. also Paypal diduced $ 8 dispute fees of my account. this is not fair, it's like PayPal didn't look at my response and the proofs I provided at all.

PayPal support on twitter say that "claim was filed for Item Not Received or Not as Described."

I'm contacting them like everyday but they just don't want to understand that I'm the buyer not the seller in this case.

what should I do please?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@myusernamemate 

If you filed an Ebay dispute and won then a return label would automatically be sent so what happened, did you open an Ebay or paypal dispute?

Secondly if your seller sent the return postage costs by goods/services and NOT friends/family then paypal would see you as a seller and if you had an item not received dispute raised against that payment they would win as you had no tracking.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

myusernamemate
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for your response!

What I did is opening an Ebay dispute to return the product, the seller agreed on the return and also agreed to pay the return fees, as he was not able to provide a return label for my country. (this is according to Ebay's policie)

Capturesde.PNG

After few hours he disputed the payment through PayPal, in the dispute I have explained the situation in details, provided the return receipt and the tracking number for the return.

Also I have no power over the type of transaction he choosed to send the return costs to me, and PayPal should understand that.

Ebay says that they cannot help with a transaction that happened outside Ebay, and I should see with PayPal.

I'm not a seller I have never sold anything to anyone, why PayPal is ignoring all the provided proofs?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@myusernamemate 

I would not have accepted a goods/services payment for the return shipping costs.

As soon as I received it I would have refunded and asked for a friends/family payment to be sent OR a bank transfer (dependent on which country you were in).

Unfortunately as Paypal and Ebay are 2 totally separate companies then the seller has ''worked the system''.

However each company has worked according to their terms and conditions so neither can help you really.

Is the seller in the same country as you? If so do you have a small claims court you can file online with to recover those shipping costs?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

myusernamemate
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you for your kind response again,

The seller and I are not in the same country unfortunantly, and I really won't go to court with someone for $ 25 shipping costs + $ 8 dispute fees.

But what is frustrating is that the seller made it clear in the dispute description that he is indeed the seller and he showed how evil he is, here is his dispute description:

"he buy a product from me, than he make a false claim saying item defect hoping i give him my item for free , but i still give him shippping feees by paypal stating everything settle , by doing this i can reduce scammer, he is putting sand on my rice bowl , i need to cancel this payment to him so we can get back to the deal"

(I really don't understand what deal he is talking about, and what he means with rice bowl.!!!)

While I did provided a detailled response with proofs, and also appealed the case decision.

PayPal seems like they don't read what we write at all.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@myusernamemate 

Your costs were sent using goods/services, the ONLY way to win a dispute for non receipt of item which is what your seller opened was by providing a tracking number showing you provided those goods or services. As there was nothing to send and you could not provide tracking then you lost.

Paypal has no idea what went on on Ebay. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

myusernamemate
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

but I have provided the tracking number for the returned package, doesn't this count?

also the seller says by his own words in the dispute that he sent me the payment for return fees, and he says too it was me who bought from him!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.