Double payments

Junglee041
New Community Member
I’ve had this had here before on PayPal. I had my bills on auto pay and found I had 2 identity withdrawals on my account. I tried to dispute it but it wouldn’t let me. I saw it on my transaction fed but when I went to my master card fed, there was only one transaction. I checked my bank account, sure enough, I lost money the same amount as what I had on auto pay. I. Red an address to send to PayPay as evidence. I’ve become very weary about using PayPal. This has had happened to me going all the way to 2020 exact year I’m not sure anymore
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Junglee041,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forum and thanks for posting!

I completely understand your concern about your funds. It's possible that you're referring to an authorization charge. When you attempt to make a payment, the amount can be temporarily charged to your card/bank. It will shows as pending in your account until merchant captures and process your order. As the main payment was already debited and processed to the merchant, this temporary charge will get voided automatically by 30 days and any payment debited towards this charge will be reversed back toy our bank account. I suggest you to wait till the time frame. 

If you see no reversal after the time frame, you can report this billing error in the resolution center of your PayPal account. For any additional assistance, you can contact PayPal Support Team and the available contact options can be found in this Help Center article

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.