Dispute won by a lieing buyer who showed no evidence!

dwemember
Contributor
Contributor

We had a customer open a case against us.
In our defense we clearly mentioned what service we would deliver (logo design). We clearly mention to all our customers the process, the approvals needed (during sketch phase and design phase), and we also mention what deliverables we offer. Everything is super clear.

We provided the same quality and same format that our over 600+ customers receive. We have 5/5 star rating on Facebook and Google with tens of reviews.

A client who provided all the "approvals" for us to move forward, asked us to share the final files when they were happy with the logo. Received the files as we promised, then opened up a dispute against us!

All our communication with the client was through Facebook, so I copied the whole discussion and marked all the areas where customer accepted and wanted us to move to the next stage, also the part they asked for us to prepare the final files. I also gave PayPal a link to the final files we offered the customer.

Yet PayPal accepted that the Buyer win the dispute and gets the total money refunded. This person showed 0 shred of evidence!

What PayPal just did is super dangerous, anyone can make us work, accept all the steps, get the final files, and then just open a dispute and get their money back along with the files.

I am 100% confident the person responsible did not even read through my "defense", as it is OBVIOUS the customer is here to abuse us, make us work all the way to the end, get the logo, and then request money back. This is criminal and PayPal is helping them.

We have thousands of dollars coming to us through PayPal for the same type and level of service. How can PayPal make this decision? And then their website says we have 10 days to show evidence, but the steps they say we can do, do not even exist. I contacted them on Twitter and they respond like a generic robot, saying many things but also nothing at the same time.

How can you lose a case where:

1. You offered what you are offering hundreds of other happy customers
2. Have a full log of communication with the customer from the first hello to the last thank you
3. Buyer offers 0 evidence
4. You show everything

Can someone please help? 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

IEBAcom
New Community Member

To answer your final question - how can this happen?

Because there's about as many people reviewing disputes as there are on live chat, or answering tech support... almost none. 
So PayPal automates it. 

I reported bugs, errors, idiosyncrasies, and problems with invoicing throughout the years and none of it has ever been addressed. 

Login to Me Too

dwemember
Contributor
Contributor

Even from an automation point of view ... if one person sends you 3 PDF full of items and one person just pressed a button.
You usually should give the win to the one that showed evidence. 

Makes no sense.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @dwemember and @IEBAcom,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

I do understand your concern about the outcome of the dispute. You can appeal the outcome of the case by 10days of case closing. Here’s how to appeal the decision of a case:

Go to the Resolution Center.
Click Report a Problem.    
Select Closed cases in the drop-down menu and find the claim you want to appeal.    
Click Appeal in the action column.  

For any additional assistance, please reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

dwemember
Contributor
Contributor

That is misleading information.
From the first day I tried doing this and there was no option to do so.

I have communications with your Twitter account who told us if we can not see this 10 day appeal then the decision is final!  I kept pressing and your Twitter account stopped replying to me.

The 10 days has now passed, because you did not answer me on time, and 2 times when I called was on hold for over 1.5 hours and I gave up.

What can I do?

Login to Me Too

kromc5
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is doing the same to me, I spent two months working with the manufacture to get a replacement video card.
Opened a case and provided tons of evidence and emails etc. They close the case the next day with "The case was closed in the seller’s favor as the item was altered or repaired while in your possesion." Amazing paypal was able to inspect the video card which cannot be modified in my possession, two months of emails no once accused me of this from the manufacture. So, I call and spend another 1 hour and 56 minutes trying to get it reopened. I'm guessing maybe an hour or not much more they close it again with the same information. This is really hard to fathom how you can do this to a long-term customer with no evidence at all. 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.