Debit during an active case

Koda_
New Community Member

If I bought something and PayPal hasn't debited my bank account yet and then open a case because the product wasn't delivered, will PayPal still debit after a while or will it not while the case is active?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Koda_

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I understand you'd like to learn more about opening a dispute case when your payment still hasn't been processed from your bank. I'll be happy to help! Opening a PayPal dispute will not cancel or stop any pending transactions. If you make a payment with your bank account, you should see it be debited from your account in three to five business days on average. 

If you still need to file a dispute, you can learn how in this Help Center article. When filing a dispute, you're opening a conversation between you and the merchant. If you don't reach an agreement, please escalate the dispute to a claim prior to when the case closes in 20 days. If the case automatically closes, it cannot be reopened under any circumstance. 

I hope this information helps and that you have a wonderful day! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.