Can't delete fraudulent estimate notification

vasdjo
Contributor
Contributor

I received a fraudulent estimate for $500 (some Bitcoin scam business) and there's no way to delete it. So every time I log into PayPal there's a bright red notification icon for this estimate. There needs to be a way to delete these alerts so that people don't inadvertently click "Accept" days/weeks/months later.

Also, fraudulent estimates don't show up in the Resolution Center if you click "Report a Problem", so PayPal doesn't seem able to address this problem in any manner. It's up to users to remember that they need to ignore these bad notifications indefinitely.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @vasdjo,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum! I understand that you're worries about the fraud notification. Please forward them to phishing@paypal.com. If you happened to click on any of the links in the emails, please change your PayPal password and security questions at your earliest convenience. 

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

K-l-k
New Community Member
That solves nothing. The notification remains there.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @K-l-k,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear what has happened. I know this must be very concerning. From your post, I understand you have received a money request or invoice and you would like some clarity with this. If you believe an email or invoice is fake, don’t click on any links; please forward it to us. The email you can forward this to is: phishing@paypal.com. You wouldn't be charged if you didn’t purchase the item in question.

In some cases, you can cancel a received invoice. However, if you can’t, we ask that you disregard the invoice and forward the email you received to us. PayPal is working on deleting invoices that were created by bad actors.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Temp20221122
New Community Member

It is not referring to a phishing email.

The fraudulent invoice is in my accounts activity. $399.

Looks like Paypal is being accessed and fraudulent invoices are being inserted into customers account.

I want that $399 invoice removed from my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.