Blocked by scammer

Tiffini72
Contributor
Contributor
I sent a deposit to a seller on Marketplace to purchase a sofa. When I got to the address no one had any idea of the seller's name or a sofa being forsake. So I reached out to the seller to see about the address. She ignored my question and gave an excuse to why she didn't meet me. Long story short I asked several times for my money back. When that didn't happen I filed a dispute. The seller has contacted me several times thru Facebook Messenger with the last message stating that she sent the money and then blocked me. I have reached out to her on the dispute page but no response from her on there. When I search for her on PayPal by the email address it shows a profile. I am just concerned that she hasn't contacted me on the dispute page. Will I just have to wait until I can escalate to a claim? I am completely new to this. Thanks
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tiffini72 

How did you send the funds ie which paypal option did you select?

Which dispute type have you opened?

Also you should read paypals buyer protection policy before using it as you may not be covered as they don't cover items being collected or personally delivered. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tiffini72
Contributor
Contributor
I sent my deposit by goods and services. I also called PayPal and filed a dispute. The seller had down both options to either pickup sofa myself or they would deliver for a fee. I never got that far because of the address was not correct either. The whole post I believe now is a scam.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.