Banbain Trade Co., Limited. Scam?

malcarive
New Community Member

Very deceiving selling tactics!

They charge me $30 for shipping a $39 item . The sender address is not the return address. The return address is not on their website. Their online name  is Comstylish, but in your paypal receipt it comes as Banbain. So you need to spend some time finding out this info on your own. More confusion.  The site says you have to pay shipping to return an item, BUT it doesn't say the price is very high! By the time you finally contact their Costumer service, they send you this message:

Uh-oh. I sincerely apologize for giving you an unpleasant shopping experience.

Please trust your first choice. This product has a high sales volume in our company and has several advantages:

First: The price is high cost-performance.

Second: Customer evaluation is good.

Third: The buyback rate is high.

If you need to return or replace the product, you need to pay high freight to return the product, and the refund cycle is long.

It's a better choice to keep it.

I see so many complains in this forum. Paypal should drop this vendor!

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tattytails 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tattytails
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely... Its just a little harder when elderly get on without you around and believe what is on the site 😞  I personally don't click on ads from facebook/social media or places that I don't know or can't investigate

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tattytails 

How the elderly get on? How old do you think I am, may well be older than you...LOL 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.