Balserv uab charges monthly

Bright65
Contributor
Contributor

I have never heard of this company, and some how i have been paying them 38 dollars a month for 7 months. And can not find contact information

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bright65 

An automatic payment authorizes a merchant to charge you whenever you make a purchase on their website without signing in to your PayPal account. This is something that's set up on the first checkout with the merchant. The terms of the authorization will be available in your PayPal account.

Here’s how to find your automatic payments on the PayPal website:    

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Click the Payments tab.
  3. Click Manage Automatic Payments.
  4. Click the merchant.
  5. On this page, you can cancel the automatic payment or change the backup funding source.

Where provided, the Merchant contact info is found there as well.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bright65 

To contact PayPal customer services:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us      

Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

keywestfan
Contributor
Contributor

I never authorized  $38.00 payment to Baltserv UAB for a Facial Recognition App. I don't even know what it is. PayPal closed my case, denied request for refund. I deleted my credit card, requested a new one from bank. But am out the $38.

Login to Me Too

KCoda
New Community Member

I just found out I have been paying for this ($38/mo) since 11/22! It is now 5/23! It appears I purchased two Apps at $5.00 and $1.99 from the same company. Don’t know what they are but there were no subsequent charges in that amount. Googled “What apps does Baltserv UAB sell?” Face Reader came up along with a button to get it and it was FREE. I searched for it in Apps and it doesn’t even exist. I checked my Apps list on both iPhone and iPad and it’s not there. I called PayPal to resolve. Girl took my info regarding problem then transferred me to another department. I’ve been on hold for almost an hour. Will post resolution if I get one!

Login to Me Too

JB007AZ
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been charged $38 a month as well since January thinking it was a different subscription for my daughter. Did some searching today, and it is a Facebook Scam. “Mary [Removed] Face Reader”. It’s not an actual app. I agreed to the initial $1.99 & $5.99 purchase but no where does it clearly state at the time of purchase/check-out it would be a recurring purchase. I found the website and at the very bottom of the page there is a link that brings up the $38 charge 3 days after the initial purchase. So shady! https://www.facereader.app/generalconditions

Login to Me Too

Vesna66
New Community Member
I just noticed that a company called baltserv has been charging me $38 for months. I never subscribed to anything va paypal and never even heard of this company.
Login to Me Too

Koyuhia2023
Same thing happened to me with that company and I was charged for two months, but I never got a refund. Did they give you your money back?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Vesna66 and @Koyuhia2023

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! 

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized subscription payments that have taken place. I recommend reviewing your PayPal Activity Page to locate the first payment for the subscription. At the top of the page, you can search the merchant's name. The first transaction typically has the most details and may help you determine what the subscription was for. If you find that all of the subscription payments were unauthorized, you can report them by following the instructions on our Help Center here: How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity? I also suggest canceling the subscription to prevent any future payments. 

I hope this information helps you determine what the transactions were for. If you need more assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to Customer Support by selecting 'Contact' at the bottom of our website.

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Donnam58
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to email Mary [removed]  but no response even though the email states that someone will get back to me. I am out 38 bucks x 7. Feel like such a fool Will be careful to what I click on Facebook from now on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.