Account limited, cannot contact Paypal to withdraw funds

mayceak
Contributor
Contributor

I movede from Ireland to USA in 2013. They wouldn't let me close my account for whatever reason and now that I can't prove an address in Ireland, they limited my account. I am fine with that as I have not wanted the account since 10 years ago.

BUT the issue I face is that I have money in this account still, which I've been unable to withdraw even though I've proven I live in the US and proven my identity etc. 

In the limitation email, it says "Your current PayPal account will remain limited. Your PayPal balance will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, please contact us to withdraw your money." 

But it has been IMPOSSIBLE to contact them! They have blocked me from sending messages - it says there is an error every time and has been that way for MONTHS. There is noone available on chat, and I cannot call Ireland.

How on earth am I supposed to contact them as they suggested to withdraw my money?!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

mayceak
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve contacted customer service dozens of times. The funds were send 6 months ago while living overseas, in USD. They told me I could withdraw them, but then made it impossible to contact them in any way shape or form. It’s just insane that such a large company has such terrible customer service. I would’ve preferred if they just told me no but they told me I could withdraw after 180 days…
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.