Account limitation

Senpuutribal
Contributor
Contributor

It has been 4+ years of running around in circles and auto responses to find out why my account was permanently limited, i had NO illegal transactions or any suspicious transactions that i could see, the only thing that may have been flagged is i had a england and a australian account opened at the same time when i moved to england back in 2015-2016 and was transferring money from my 10 year service leave i was getting from work in australia.
Today another call and there was a tiny bit of progress i was told appeals are automatically denied and yet again the account holder (me) cannot be told WHY! i do not care if i get my paypal account reactivated i use other methods/crypto nowadays anyways but the fact i have never been told or they just refuse because they either do not know or just do not care, is highly annoying, Why can the account holder not be told why the account is limited? shouldn't be hard to find i assume there would be a footnote on my account somewhere they can see on their end, but no 4 years of dancing around useless auto responses.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Senpuutribal 

They do not have to give you a reason and do not give one.

They just refer you to their acceptable use policy or user agreement.

However having 2 paypal accounts of the same type ie 2 personal accounts would do it. If moving countries you need to close one first before opening the other. That is unless you have 1 personal and 1 business account which is allowed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Senpuutribal
Contributor
Contributor

And why could they just not tell me that within these past 4 years? How is that breaching security to tell ME the account holder that information? i have to ask a community forum to get a basic answer like this? Absolutely pathetic on paypals side, I even provided all my paperwork for it too but hey can't be breaching security for a simple answer, Thanks for the info and reply

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Senpuutribal 

If you scroll down past my post to the last post in this thread you will see that a Paypal Moderator has confirmed this.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Security-and-Fraud-Archives/False-permanent-limitation/m-p/29991...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.