shipping returned goods to china

Thrasherg
New Community Member

Ladies & gentlemen, I recently purchased 3 different flying drones from China, all 3 have no resemblance to the item described by the seller. All 3 sellers have agreed to provide a full refund if I return the items. The items cost $60, $80 and $150 each, I took them to the post office and they want $70 to ship each parcel with a tracking number to China!! I cant believe the seller was able to ship them to the USA with a tracking number for less than $10, feel I am being ripped off by the post office, obviously there is no sense in shipping the first 2 products back if the shipping will cost more than the refund, even the most expensive item really doesn't make too much sense, it will be nice to get $80 back but I believe all 3 blatantly misled me and see no reason why I should be so out of pocket. I have asked paypal for their help, but they have been very quiet so far. Has anyone found a way to send parts back to china with a tracking number for a reasonable cost?

Thanks for all/any suggestions.

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

Capnbooboo
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is paypal in communist china taking a grip on its people and total control through spreading a virus according to defectors.

The French post office just requested the receipt for the item I had ordered from China for a refund.

I guess we will see.

Login to Me Too

franniec
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I have fallen prey 3x in the last few months to items that appear to ship from USA and have had to fight this battle.   I have tried so hard to weed out the shams and focus on what appear to be legitimate sellers.  I do not order off of Facebook, I do a legit search and read reviews and I am still having trouble.   Shame on PayPal for allowing this to continue to occur, as apparently I am NOT the only person ordering in good faith, and receiving a box of JUNK!.  And being told I have to pay to return it to get a refund.  Fortunately my PayPal is connected to a credit card.  I am hoping to get some relief that way.  Shame on you PayPal.  And there is no place to complain because when you go to your "dispute" you can click box "a" or box "b" ....  PayPal is NOT interested is weeding out the crooks.  They just want our money.  Heading over to some other merchant assistant to pay in the future.  

Login to Me Too

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

well, went from bad to worse, I told paypal I spoke to an attorney (who is in fact connected to regulators that fine companies like paypal) im was not threatening paypal or tried intimidating anyone, I just said that I asked an attorney about this and shared what the attorney said and should be corrected.

As I mentioned before about my case, that paypal removed emails saying they will reopen a case they closed which showed that I had returned a package to China which arrived there but once the merchant got it no tracking info was updated., that paypal message center replies showed I was promised 4 times between months of messages asking about it., not a word from the merchant since the case was a open and the return was sent in July...yet the item returned to my home last week with a REFUSE sticker and junk in the box., I know I repeated the story, but

when I contacted paypal they

Response 1 from paypal 24+ hours later Paypal claimed I was been refunded in ten days but they where referring to the wrong case number

Then upon requesting again to confirm all this

Response 2 from paypal I was told that they made a mistake and it was not the same case, that my case was closed indefinitely because it was 180 days old., totally ignored my questioning to why they closed it int he first place if I was told that it did not matter if it was taking a year cause of lock downs.

I then start telling Paypal about my legal cunsultation and went over my rights, that the attorney can subpoena paypal for the erased emails, that I had saved them for a discussion thread elsewhere, what they said yet I was lied to a number of times and the merchant said nothing all along this case inside paypal resolution center, the merchant did not report anything wrong with the return, China post literally did not report anything at all, yet the item was opened, repacked with garbage and sent back.

Response 3 from paypal 24+ hours later  we decide to give you a refund for the case, the money will appear in my credit card starting 0X etc number within 10 days....

So because no case number mentioned at all this time, nothing clear,  I asked them again to please verify the refund is for so and so, I asked this two days ago, the time NO ANSWER AT ALL! and I have to dish out 4 times the loss to an attorney who is sure we will get whatever is fair back, cost, time and trouble., I was no doubt lied to on record with payal, but why they or someone at paypal favoured a vender who stayed silent through out this process is obviously linked to a kickback scheme., possibly on a political level because of Trump trade wars., we are not the first Americans to be scammed by banks.

Login to Me Too

chillcat
Contributor
Contributor

one year later and I finally got my refund!

Login to Me Too

mccoyale
Yea, that is really ridiculous. I opt to harass them on Twitter until they give in. I literally sent screen captures of the product they sent. I ordered a decanter and received a little glass that looks like it could have come from Dollar Tree. And then am expected to pay for shipping back the incorrect product. Idk what is up with PayPal but im at the point of Google Apple and Amazon need to develop some payment method similar, where do do not have to go through this. Because it is hard to believe that this thread has 6 pages of people who have gone through the same exact thing and PayPal has not decided to do something about that.
Login to Me Too

KJO314
Contributor
Contributor

I also received a junk product that was in no way anything like what I ordered. The cost to ship back is as much as what I paid for it. Paypal customer service is awful. I have been trying to resolve the issue since July it is now October.  I don't have a clear idea as to my case status and would appreciate some confirmation that I will be reimbursed from the scam company if I dole out an additional 50 bucks. Why don't they have a customer service phone number that you don't have to wait 2 hours on hold?

Might have to avoid the middle man in the future. There must be better customer service out there somewhere.

Login to Me Too

mccoyale
Agree. And you wait 2 hours when and if you actually get through. Because when my mom had an issue receiving money, it would just disconnect. And then in the message center they gave her a number that she was calling to some agent. I have no idea but id rather deal with waiting for a register in Walmart than PayPals customer support.
Login to Me Too

Ohio79
Contributor
Contributor
Same here I bought one drone about a month ago from China and it was totally the wrong drone for $65. Payment went to Gadgets something but the online name was pleasant stores & emails did not get it done any faster and they low balled me two times in my emails. I guess lesson learned on my part and I'll keep the crappy drone and take a loss.
Login to Me Too

Issa969
Contributor
Contributor
I too had the same problem. They sent me the wrong item and then they wanted me to send it back to China at twice the cost! But since the package had a return address here in California where I live, I shipped it back to that address instead. I got the tracking number and entered it in my case at the Resolution Center page. Next thing you know, just a few days later, they gave me a refund and closed the case! I won. >:-)
Login to Me Too

KJO314
Contributor
Contributor
My credit card would not refund my money because it took so long for the case to go through PayPal. It is unfortunate that PayPal still Accepts accounts like this. Don't use PayPal, their customer service is deplorable and they only care about making money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.