Worried if my account is in danger

ivanb1

Hello, yesterday i was going through my email and saw 4 similar emails coming from <removed> . They were all about an invoice i made a month ago for my client and the emails were saying to claim the money by clicking on it basically. I didnt receive any notifications on my paypal and it looked shady. The first time i saw it(about 16 hours ago) i clicked on it and typed in my password then a window popped up saying something shady again and i closed it. after that i logged into my paypal and added 2FA and changed my password. its been 16 hours and my paypal account seems fine but im worried about it.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jonnybones
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @ivanb1 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have received fake email, I will help you with the link how to identify if the email is legit and how to report it. Click here to view the details on it.
Have a great day ahead. -Syed.

Login to Me Too

ivanb1

Thank you, ive read that and the email was a scam. I am wondering if my account is safe right now because i did type out my password in that email paypal login link. I made a transaction yesterday to my bank account so currently i cant withdraw the rest of the money before the first transaction is complete. Its been almost 24 hours and i have full access to my account, i have 2FA and a different password. Im just wondering if I should be worried about the safety of my account ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @ivanb1,

Thank you for your reply and your caution. If you have changed the password and the password was the only information that was supplied, you have re-secured your account.

I hope this helps set your mind at ease.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.