Unilone Trade Company

Christine115
Contributor
Contributor

Aug. 16 I bought a crow lamp, the site was called efcvl.site. PayPal paid the company called Unilone Trade Company. EFCVL.SITE has now disappear, but has reopened as TPJVZ.SITE selling once again bargains up to 80% off. The tracking # doesn't show up, but they keep sending emails telling me to be patience it's in the mail. I now have contact with them through PayPal. I know I've been scammed, but why they keep contacting me, it's like a game to them ... I have till Sept, 16 to carry on with my claim, but PayPal wants me to work things out with the buyer first. I fell like a fool, it wasn't too expensive, but I live on a Disability and can't afford to just move on ... **bleep** off. Here's a link to their new site ...<removed>

Login to Me Too
473 REPLIES 473

dianachripczuk
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, bought 4 brass monkey lamps, opened dispute once able as I had not received anything, original website went down, tracking details non-existent, new tracking was provided, then all of a sudden I receive a tiny wooden manequin, and an offer from "unilone" for me to return the darn thing at my own expense and THEY confirm with paypal receipt of my return then they will issue a refund.... LIKE PAYPAL ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?????
I have to pay up to return the thing, I've looked up the address provided for return and it's completely different to the original sender address AND on google maps it shows it to be in the middle of nowhere... unbelievable.

My whole transcript minus my personal contact details below for your viewing pleasure.

Case details
Seller information

Unilone Trade Company

<Removed>

Transaction amount

$72.05 USD

<Removed>

Date reported

21 September 2020

Your notes

I tried to use the tracking number provided by the company via email and the websites do not exist. I have tried emailing the email provided and the email has bounced back saying that the domain dgetw.site couldn't be found. I have provided my order confirmation and the shipping confirmation and a screenshot of the bounced email seeking information on my order.

File
  • Gmail - Shipped Monkey Lamps.pdf
  • Gmail - Order confirmed Monkey Lamps.pdf
  • Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 4.26.34 pm.png
Additional information
Item issues
  • Different
Refund requested

$72.05 USD

Your responses
Date added

24 October 2020

Date added

24 October 2020

Date added

22 September 2020

Your notes

The seller had advised a new tracking number and website to track, a SMALL parcel with that tracking number was received today at 14hs. I had ordered 4 brass monkey lamps which would be at minimum 2 large boxes. What I received instead is a small wooden male manikin measuring 11.4cm as stated on it's box. I have taken an image of the sealed parcel, a video of me showing the tracking number and then proceeding to open the parcel and show it's contents, and a final image of the parcel label and the mini manikin. If there is an email address or somewhere that I can send these images as evidence. This is very deceitful from the 'seller'.

Information provided by the seller
Date

23 September 2020

Tracking information
  • LZ253916298CN, China Post EMS
Your conversation with the seller
You

I tried to use the tracking number provided by the company via email and the websites do not exist. I have tried emailing the email provided and the email has bounced back saying that the domain dgetw.site couldn't be found. I have provided my order confirmation and the shipping confirmation and a screenshot of the bounced email seeking information on my order.

21 September 2020 at 4:29:11 PM AEST

Dear Customer, Your package has been sent. You can enter the tracking number LZ253916298CN to check the express information through this link: <Removed>  In general, the estimate time-frame of arrival is about 15-20 working days, and please allow some days to update. Your patience and understanding will be highly appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Best regards

21 September 2020 at 8:16:31 PM AEST

You

I just received a small wooden male manikin 11.4cm tall, not the four monkey lamps that I ordered and paid US$75 Not happy at all.

22 September 2020 at 4:24:47 PM AEST

You

I have taken photos and a video of me showing the tracking details and opening the small package to show it's contents as evidence of what you have sent is NOT what I have ordered. This is outright fraud on your behalf.

22 September 2020 at 4:28:05 PM AEST

Login to Me Too

Cat_lady55
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All, 

Same with me as well, I complained via paypal's messenger service and got this reply:

If it hasn't be done already, I can be sure to add another complaint for this company to show that people are not getting what they ordered and being given those fake tracking numbers.
As far as the case goes, on our side since the case was opened as though it wasn't done by you, that would be the reason why the case was closed. If we change the case to an item not as described, you are correct, we will most likely ask that the item be returned, however, we check the addresses on our end and if we notices its a fake address then we can still protect you. Worse case scenario is that we have you send back the item and we can show proof that it was sent to the address that we gave you and we get your funds back that way.
I understand that this can be frustrating in dealing with a company that doesn't seem to be on the up and up, but we are here to help and we have avenues in place to do that. With both of us working together, we can ensure that you can get a refund and that the company is reported.

----
So in my case I will send the item back and should get a refund just with my proof of postage and I won't have to wait until the item is delivered because we are all assuming the return address is bogus. I lost $115. It might cost me $25 to post but I know now to be much more careful about where I buy things online so I'm okay with this. 
Login to Me Too

susanrayner160
Contributor
Contributor
Please check if you can do PayPal return on us as PayPal will reimburse you for postage up to a certain amount, I don't know if that applies to your country but that's what I did and got return postage cost refunded by PayPal. I sent all required proof then sent an email to the company through PayPal showing return address and proof of postage as that seemed to send and the company emailed back to say I would get refund and I got it through PayPal a couple of days later,good luck
Login to Me Too

dianachripczuk
Contributor
Contributor

How do you do a PayPal return on us? What country are you in @susanrayner160 ?

Login to Me Too

susanrayner160
Contributor
Contributor
I am in UK on the account summary there is an option to set it up if you search in the offers I just searched around and found it if it's available where you are it will be there somewhere
Login to Me Too

susanrayner160
Contributor
Contributor
If you don't find maybe use the chat service in help section as you get a reply from a real person when I got my refund they messaged to say join return shipping it's free but I had already done so
Login to Me Too

susanrayner160
Contributor
Contributor
Also if you search on Google it is there I think that's where I first saw it
Login to Me Too

Cat_lady55
Contributor
Contributor
Hello all, Full refund received today yay! I am in Australia and didn’t have to submit a scam report from ACCC or anything like that. Nor did I have to return post the small tee! So key things to try: as many other people have mentioned, make sure you’re all registered for the Return on Us PayPal policy. (Just google it and follow the prompts). Then I used the message chat section on the contact to politely but very firmly request my denied case be reopened and referenced this thread again. Best wishes, I am happy to help if anyone has questions also.
Login to Me Too

Sarah900
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal really **bleep** me off. I was forced to send my crap back to China at my own expense and I won't get a refund until it is received. Why are they not consistent with their responses and why are they still excepting payments for this dodgy company?
Login to Me Too

Jstlookin75
I ordered a cat litter box, also from Facebook ad on august 26th. Multiple emails requesting an update on the shipping. Finally received a package and it was a tiny dog shirt... probably worth a $1. PayPal is offering me a refund if I send it back to the company with a tracking number. It will cost me MORE to send it back than it did to buy it. This company is a total scam and shame on PayPal for refusing to help their valued customers!! I’ll never use PayPal to withdraw from my bank again and will only pay by credit card.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.