Unauthorised payment but paypal says it's authorised

Kiwip234
New Community Member

I have received 3 sam payments via my paypal account paid from my credit card. The vendor exists (Sports TG) but I am not a customer and haven't received any confirmation email of a purchase. It\s a provider for sports event platform services so not the typical end-user purchase. I have nothing to do with them and you would need to have an account with them before you purchase any services. The recipients email address has the vendor's suffix but is clearly fraudulent and has nothing to do with the vendor. I have enough proof that this is a fraudulent transactions but Paypal just say the transactions were authorised - someone must have got hold of my paypal credentials. But it is clearly visible that these are scam transactions. So how can I get my money back? Very disappointed with PayPal - I was with them because I thought it would be a safer way. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Aunty_C
I had a new card added to PayPal, not by melyself. 13 fraudulent transactions occured at about 9pm on 22nd Feb 2023 also. Removed the unknown card and was refunded all money by PayPal. Very disappointed, I too thought PayPal was a safe option. Not anymore.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Kiwip234 and @Aunty_C,

Welcome to our community help forum and thanks for posting!

I do understand your concern about the unauthorized activity in your PayPal account. We offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions. Make sure to check your billing agreement payment as this charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past. In this case, your best option would be reaching our team by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page to get a second look on the decision.

I hope this information helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.