Seller refusing refund when he shipped only half a bed!

Bramelan
New Community Member

Hello all - I'm at my wits end here so I am writing in the hope of getting some advice. 

In July I bought a bed for my camper conversion - it was £140 and a couple of days after the order was placed and paid for via Paypal, the supplier emailed me the following:

Dear friend, Thank you for your order, because the item is very heavy. So we send two packages to you.  It take about 2-5 days delivery to you and it depends on your address and the local delivery driver.Please note that parcel maybe with you in DIFFERENT TIME, please wait for it.   Any question, please contact us frist.  have a good day!Best regards

I noted this at the time and then sure enough two boxes arrived a couple of days later - at the same time, which I thought was useful so I didn't need to wait between the two deliveries. 

The problem I found was when around 4 weeks ago, I opened the boxes as the bed was due to be installed in my van, and found that the package should have been 3 boxes, not 2, and that the 3rd package, or the second one they told me that they would send, had never arrived. Half the bed, namely the base and feet, are missing, rendering it completely useless to me. By the way - their comment above that the boxes were heavy was utter rubbish - the whole thing ways less than 20kg, even without the missing parts!

I contacted them immediately, and was told that they would send it from their warehouse. So far 25 plus days later, I'm being fobbed with various as follows:

hi sorry aagin and we solve for you in case,pls wait for it.

hi sorry again ,we check all delivered now,pls check and confirm it.
if any issue pls back to us ,we solve for you asap.

hi it from other warehouse to you,pls keep patience to wait for it.

hi sorry again ,so we send part to you asap,pls wait for it.

I've checked their page and they no longer sell the product, so clearly they are not going to send me anything now, as they should have done that 3 months ago. Their message was misleading telling me it was 2 packages when it was 3 and I feel like they are being obstructive in all my dealings with them. 

I've started action against them on Ebay, but as I paid through Paypal, I wondered how I go about getting my money back? Also, how, how, how does a chap go about actually speaking to someone at Ebay? Appreciate this is a paypal forum but someone must know how to get through to a customer services team here in the UK?

Thanks all in advance. 

<removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bramelan 

Do not open a paypal dispute if you have an ebay one ongoing or your ebay one may well be closed or vice versa.

Wait and see if ebay sort it and if not then you can try a paypal dispute.

I hope you didn't open a return request BUT clicked on ''more'' and opened a dispute for item received but not as described so that the seller is forced to send you a return shipping label?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.