Seller asking me to close the dispute, saying they will refund me after closing it.

imyashw
Contributor
Contributor

I've raised a dispute with a seller who has charged me wrongly after a year without any prior notice of intimation. The product was $10 something last year (I got initial discount they said) and now they have charged me $120, since it's part of annual renewal. I honestly don't remember seeing something as yearly charges or subscription. I thought I was purchasing a single product. Infact on their page it was clearly written - no hidden fees or charges.

So now they are mailing me close the dispute, saying they will refund me after closing it. They're also saying, not to worry, we can always open another dispute. But when I asked for a resource link where it's mentioned that we can always open another dispute, they have not provided me with any link and just jumped around saying they will refund.

Please suggest what to do.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@imyashw 

NEVER close a dispute until its resolved, if its not escalate to a claim. You may not win but you definitely will lose any chance of that if you close it.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

imyashw
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I don't exactly remember if I subscribed to an yearly plan. I also don't have anything such on email.

They have also said this in further email

"-Please know if you proceed with a dispute, we would no longer be able to offer any means of compensation on this order and the decision for further compensation will be left to the result of the dispute between our payment processor and PayPal, which could result in zero funds being returned."

They also keep sending me reminders and follow ups if I don't reply early.

What should I do?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @imyashw

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! As @kernowlass stated, you would never want to close a dispute before you receive a refund. If the merchant is willing to offer a refund, they should do so while the dispute or claim is open. They also have the opportunity to offer a partial refund from their end while the dispute is open. Once you close the dispute or claim, you cannot reopen it. Please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support teams if you have any questions or concerns on this or other issues. 

Good luck with your case!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.