Refund scam. What can i do?
Hi all. Just encountered a scam. I made a transaction on a third-party site, exchanged currency and received money on Paypal. But the next day, the sender asked for a refund from the support service. He created a fake screenshot, allegedly I sold the iPhone on eBay, they sent me money, and I disappeared. But I didn't have an iPhone and I don't have an eBay account. I exchanged currency, sent money and received it on Paypal. And now the scammer is trying to get them back with a fake screenshot. What to do and how to prove that they are trying to deceive me and steal my money?
Do you have a email or a receipt from third party website that you exchanged money? Exchanging money sites are very high risk. Contact customer services and explain the situation to them and upload pdfs of receipts.
Scroll down to click “Message Us” or “Call Us” option on the bottom.
Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:
Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Got someone sending me money asking for payment to recieve in Transactions Archives
- Issued refund but had money taken from my account instead. in Transactions Archives
- iFastNet Refund Sent to PayPal on Hold - Confusion Over Shipping Details for Personal Account in Transactions Archives
- Money sent to a closed account and account not accessible but i was refunded to that account in Transactions Archives
- Website scam in Security and Fraud Archives