Re: personal account but i can't send money as friends and family???

B2023
Contributor
Contributor

Same here...smh. Greta question!!! I have a personal account as well and I no longer seen the option anymore to send friend and family. I didn't notice right as i sent it, but a few minutes afterwards ir popped in my head lol... I just figured since my account has always been personal that it will send friend and family. I sent money to my boyfriend and he told me a few days later that PayPal charged him a fee and he has a personal account also. I do know that PayPal has new rules weekly it seems like, and I think the reason it's being changed alot more so the past 2.1/2..3 yrs, is bc they have the government fully involved, I'm sure lawsuit reasons as well, and more strick laws. It use to run smoothly, no problems for years. 🤷🏻‍♀️ in December 2022...I had spam accounts sending me request for money,I reported it they replied fast and after blocking the spam accounts, another request would pop up Immediately. It last almost 3 days then stopped. As of last week, I had 5 random accounts idk, never seen, bought from, clicked on and never gave them my PayPal card info or give them permission to use my card for transactions. Yes they took money out of my account, I reported it all, and so far PayPal has refunded 1 transaction. Can take up to a full month to receive all refunds. Smh.. so be careful!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @B2023,

Thank you for visiting our community help forum!

Sorry to hear the issues you're facing with your PayPal account. The option to send Friends & Family payments is available for U.S PayPal accounts. You cannot send Friends & Family payments to U.S PayPal business accounts. As of July 28, 2022, US Business accounts can no longer receive friends and family payments from US senders. 

We offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions. It's good to know that you have already reported the unauthorized charges in your account. We may take up to 10 business days to review any unauthorized claim and we’ll send you an update via email. You can always check the status and updates of the disputes in the resolution center of your PayPal account. 

I hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

B2023
Contributor
Contributor
I live in Texas. PayPal has changed so much, it's harder to understand the app. I received my new PayPal debit card yesterday, and i can't figure out how to setup the pin number for it... it use to be simple. Smh
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.