PayPal Permanently Limited my account - Without Warning

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling digital goods on my account for about 18 months now. The items are for use on my various websites and everything has been running smoothly. Customers are happy, there are of course the occasional refund as with any business and confused customer. However, I am also careful to make sure all complaints are handled and most of the time things are sorted out in less than 48 hours.

Today I wake up to find that my account has essentially be locked. I can not take payment or remove the $3000 sat in my account.

Calling PayPal I was told that I would have to email PayPal in order to find out what is happening and why and I could not be transferred to the department that would be handling the issue.

This is the message I received:
549744d1ecf61758d1ace6a42cb804ae

When I click the notification it cycles me back around to the same warning message.

Needless to say, I am rather annoyed.

Login to Me Too
94 REPLIES 94

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alesha100000000 

Legally they can as their legal user agreement has been approved legally in ever country they offer their services in.

And they only hold funds for 180 days for paypal account holders that have been banned from using paypal. Buyers have the right to open disputes up to 180 days as this is the time frame most credit cards give as well.

So if paypal released funds after a month but then the buyer of the item files a chargeback via their credit card issuer at 4 months say and win then paypal wouldn't have any funds in that paypal account users balance to pay the buyer back again would they.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220921G
Contributor
Contributor

same story 😞 

Login to Me Too

HailzBellz
Contributor
Contributor
Okay so what would the law be being that I never used paypal to sell or buy things and only just opened the account so I could have my EIDL loan money and grant money deposited. Only becasue it was early on and bc of the old EIDL terms Id had to have a business account. But SBA said paypal was allowed and even paypal gave me the ok. My summary is exactly as follows: *First two transactions are micro deposits from linking my First Financial bank to my paypal.* 6/24th-miro deposit +$ .12 6/24th-micro deposit +$ .35 6/26-deposit SBA EIDL MISC +$42,400 7/1- transfer to First Financial acct. Completed -$42,400 7/1- Deposit SBA EIDLG MISC +$10,000 7/1-Transfer to First Financial acct. *PENDING REVIEW* $10,000 -- obliviously the review of me sending such a large amount warranted the account ban and I was ignorant to think that just because paypal knew I was receiving this large sum its not like they change their algorithms just for me to be able to skim on by. Anyhow, fast forward to today and my initial transfer that was completed($42k) and I even seen in other account.... Paypal did a reversal on. So I have over $62k of loan abd grant money locked up in Paypal limbo until I can reach someone to get it released. They can't hold the money I got from the government for help thru this pandemic, for 6 months for the reasons being in case of charge backs etc when clearly I haven t received money from anyone other than the loan and grant money from SBA. I guess I am looking for a glimmer of hope. Somewhere. I contacted my congressman and signed the release forms amd so they are doing what they can. I just want this all to be over and my business be running back at normal.
Login to Me Too

kristimalushi1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did you get the money after 180 days passed?
Login to Me Too

briteecreations
Contributor
Contributor

With as many people having this problem we should def file a class action lawsuit.  This company needs to be shut down.  They are keeping thousands of dollars and you can't even get ahold of anyone.  If i call it tells me that do to Covid-19 there is no one to help us.  If I get on the website I get no information other than you are permanently banned.  When I get a message I get an automated message to search q&A... so technically they are understaffed and keeping all of our hard working money?? hours that we have worked on the internet? i did nothing wrong, i sell used stuff on ebay.  they have $300 of mine.  i try to take out the money as soon as possible but they put a hold on the funds.  they are very sneaky and it appears that they do this often.  there needs to be an investigation and with as many people they have done this to when can definitely get this started. they are breaking the law for their own gain.

Login to Me Too

Koozie
Contributor
Contributor
It's happened to thousands of people, and they're going to continue to do it. In the beginning, they were doing it illegally and a couple did sue and WON... but they've since changed their Terms and Conditions, to which we will accepted. So in other words, we all agree to this prior to even having an account. It sucks. Same happened to me.. my story is on here as well. My situation was a couple thousand dollars, not hundreds. They even lied and told me they would review my account early and send it early, that never happened. You wont get it a day sooner than 6 months... best bet is to try and forget about it, set a reminder and get happy in 6 months. You dont want to waste the 6 months contacting them like me. Its pointless. I even have all the emails of the executives, bosses, important people at PayPal. Emailing them didn't solve it. As I said, we all agreed to it unfortunately. Good news is, you can open another PayPal and it will work just fine. Atleast for me it did. I live in the US.
Login to Me Too

Gatorvw66
Contributor
Contributor
Man signed up so I could sell some stuff on Ebay due to being out of work. First transaction sold. As soon as it went through I tried to get money in my account. Then got this ban within seconds. Now I am out the item and can not get the 350 I really need now. What a scam.
Login to Me Too

Hassan1964
Contributor
Contributor

@Koozie I know this is very late, and I still agree with you I also got banned recently for no reason. How would I proceed to make a new account. It says I can't make an account with the same information when I look at the limitation posted on this current account. Does that mean I can no longer use my SSN to open another PayPal? In that case, I will never be using PayPal again. It was a really good company until they banned me without explanation.

Login to Me Too

StarK21
New Community Member
Same thing happened to me. I never sold anything, never requested payments and always paid on time. Also NEVER got a good explanation. Thought they were a good company but not impressed anymore. Taking my sweet **bleep** time to pay my balance… on time of course. Honestly, it has saved me a tonne of money. Made impulse buying more difficult lol.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230525FF
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.