PayPal Permanently Limited my account - Without Warning

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

I have been selling digital goods on my account for about 18 months now. The items are for use on my various websites and everything has been running smoothly. Customers are happy, there are of course the occasional refund as with any business and confused customer. However, I am also careful to make sure all complaints are handled and most of the time things are sorted out in less than 48 hours.

Today I wake up to find that my account has essentially be locked. I can not take payment or remove the $3000 sat in my account.

Calling PayPal I was told that I would have to email PayPal in order to find out what is happening and why and I could not be transferred to the department that would be handling the issue.

This is the message I received:
549744d1ecf61758d1ace6a42cb804ae

When I click the notification it cycles me back around to the same warning message.

Needless to say, I am rather annoyed.

Login to Me Too
94 REPLIES 94

xtekkit
Contributor
Contributor

Basically, if you are in the USA you can pester them with a daily barrage of emails and you will get things turned around in your favor.... eventually. Outside of the USA they just throw a ton of automated responses back at your and European laws that allow them to hold onto your money ( in the USA this is illegal ).

You just have to keep hammering away and make sure you have a really long list of PayPal managers/directors to annoy with your constant emails.

Login to Me Too

Klique2
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, can I get a list of those emails? I have a personal account, I don't even sell anything and it got permanently limited for some reason. I've had it for 2 years, have my bank account connected to it. They give no reason as to why.. but I live in the US, and I'm about to do whatever is necessary to get my money back.. this is complete bs. Please tell me the email address to the people you contacted. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

C121
Contributor
Contributor
Hey what’s all the emails I’m having the same issue
Login to Me Too

Koozie
Contributor
Contributor
I have a list of all the emails, but I'm pretty sure they will delete them if I post them.
Login to Me Too

Idealmake
Contributor
Contributor
How do you email them?
Login to Me Too

Ronalalenoah
Contributor
Contributor
Can u just help me to transfer my funds to another paypal account now?
Login to Me Too

kristimalushi1
Contributor
Contributor
I just got permanently limited. How sure is that I get my money back after 180 day period?
Login to Me Too

Idris32
Contributor
Contributor
They let my put money in my account then limited my account I need my money please
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Idris32 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Legally speaking, PayPay has got no **bleep**ing rights to hold anyone fund for a period of over 10days, let's be real, they surely started the 180days but I can't find any good in doing that, while will anyone purchase a goods that take more than a month to get delivered?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.