PayPal Account hacked and closed

nokcastro
Contributor
Contributor
Hi my paypal account was hacked and closed today. The hacker transferred money to unknown person and closed my account at the same time. I am unable to contact any customer agent due to COVID-19. Are there any things that I could do to resolve this? thank you!
Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

brisvegas1
New Community Member

Paypal not operating 24/7 in Australia and sending you to the US who refuse to help is a real problem. How can Paypal better secure our accounts? Also when you finally get someone from Australia, they do not really care & the response time. The debt stays with you until Paypal have completed their inquiry. Hardly fair. Time to look for an option to Paypal

Login to Me Too

NADERR1983

HOW DID YOU  SOLVE THIS

Login to Me Too

joegabs

My wife just got hacked and we cannot reach out to any of your services to report the issue. and knowing that there are so many complaints about this. Im getting frustrated.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @joegabs

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

I'm sorry to hear someone logged into your wife's PayPal account. If she can still log into the account, please have her report the unauthorized activity by following the steps in our Help Center. She'll also want to reset her password and security questions right away if she hasn't already. If she's unable to log into her PayPal account, please have her contact Customer Support on Twitter by sending DM to @AskPayPal or a PM on Facebook by going to facebook.com/PayPal. Support may also be reached by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal webpage. 

I hope this is resolved soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

aprameyakannan
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me. I made payment that was not yet refunded and another payment that I need refunded but the seller had hacked and closed my account. Are there other ways to fix it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.