Parcel returned to sender, sent back & dispute lost

Keithhb
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. I sold an item and the buyer sent the money here. This was early November, during the Royal mail strikes, so the item was taking long. Then the tracking stopped updating, and around December 30th the item was returned to me because the carrier damaged the shipping labels, therefore being unable to deliver the item. Before this, the buyer claimed they'd contacted the post at their location and had been told that only the sender could open a claim. I did this of course. 

Once I told them the item had been returned to me, they demanded I send it back, essentially blaming me for the delay. This was all while they had already opened a dispute for a refund claiming they hadnt received it & that they still wanted the item. I sent the item on Jan 3rd, at MY own cost (my bad I know), and informed them of this. The case was scheduled to close on the 17th but closed on the 15th in the buyers favour because they "hadnt heard from me" even though I had provided proof of shipping (which was marked as delivered), as well as proof of our conversations & a screenshot of the seller's address being the wrong one on Paypal. The item is currently in the buyer's country passing a security check, but the dispute is closed and I cant figure out how to reopen it or appeal the result. What can I do? Would it be worth trying to reopen the case or should I try to somehow intercept the parcel?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Keithhb

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent sale didn't go quite as you had expected. It sounds like you've done everything you can so far. In this case I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to see if the option to appeal the case decision with your tracking information is still an option. 

Good luck on your appeal!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.