My account was permanently limited immediately after creation and now I can't use it or delete it.
I created an account and just after adding my debit card and my account was immediately permanently disabled. I tried to call to see why but was put on hold for an hour before I gave up. I decided I'll use Venmo instead and requested my account be deleted by Paypal. It was immediately declined due to the account limitations. How do you get a hold of someone who can either lift the restriction or get your account deleted? The phone support is trash and there is no email or ticket options.
Most common reasons for an account limitation are:-
1. You have a previously limited account (temporary or permanent) and you have tried to open a new account and not resolved the issues with the other account first.
2. Using a VPN.
3. Not being in the country where you have opened a Paypal account.
4. Being under 18 / minor account.
5. Having 2 Paypal accounts or more of the same account type.
6. Not having your legal name on your Paypal account.
7. Selling items (often virtual or digital) that Paypal consider a high risk of disputes/chargebacks OR items that violate their acceptable use policy.
8. Using the friends/family option for sales transactions to try and evade Paypal fees and risk of disputes.
9. Violating their acceptable use policy as per link.
If none of those then...
You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Permanent Limitation - 180 Days ! What's next ? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Someone transfer to me that I don't know. Now Paypal charge $15 from me. HELP in Security and Fraud Archives
- My account was permanently limited after two international transactions conducted using reverb.com in Security and Fraud Archives
- Permanently suspended account right after creation. in Security and Fraud Archives
- Account Limited - Underage when joined in Security and Fraud Archives