Fraudulent Charge on Vanilla Gift Card

Temp20220825
New Community Member

I received a Visa gift card as a gift.  There was a transaction that I do not recognize (PP*DYERHEIGHTS).  When I Google that, they say it is a PayPal charge.  Is this right?  This gift card is not linked to my PayPal account.  I tried to call Visa but it's automated only with no help regarding fraudulent transactions.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Suthernmrs1
New Community Member

Just happened to me too.. I just registered with PayPal to check.  What to do??? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Suthernmrs1

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity on your Vanilla card. Normally, if you see the activity on your PayPal account, we would recommend looking into reporting the activity through our Resolution Center. If you do not see the transaction on your PayPal account, we would recommend reaching out to Vanilla to see what options are available for dispute. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.