Just got Scammed
I've just been scammed 38EUR from a guy, I sent to him Friends and family and I never got a response back or even my virutal item, What can I do cause I can't just let him take my money without nothing back coming to me, He can be doing this to other people and he simply won't get in trouble?
A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.
If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his Paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.
You would also not be able to open a dispute (apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction), which would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.
Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.
If you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.
Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Website scam in Security and Fraud Archives
- Unsure if this buyer is a scam or not? in Security and Fraud Archives
- July 2023 new scam, Dispute scam, did not close dispute/personal data leak: in Security and Fraud Archives
- Refund and scamming post in Security and Fraud Archives
- I was refunded an amount of $167 from CodeCademy but that money was gone. in Transactions Archives