Fraudulent Charge on Vanilla Gift Card
I received a Visa gift card as a gift. There was a transaction that I do not recognize (PP*DYERHEIGHTS). When I Google that, they say it is a PayPal charge. Is this right? This gift card is not linked to my PayPal account. I tried to call Visa but it's automated only with no help regarding fraudulent transactions.
Disputes & Chargebacks
Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some unrecognized activity on your Vanilla card. Normally, if you see the activity on your PayPal account, we would recommend looking into reporting the activity through our Resolution Center. If you do not see the transaction on your PayPal account, we would recommend reaching out to Vanilla to see what options are available for dispute.
- Jon K
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- I got charged for $15 for reversing the transaction after I received an unknown foreign payment in Security and Fraud Archives
- Fraud of Credit card after PayPal transaction in Security and Fraud Archives
- Chase refunded part of a fraudulent charge, will PayPal no longer return their half? in Security and Fraud Archives
- Is this a scam email? - Payment Confirmation from PayPal Update in Security and Fraud Archives
- Does PayPal send automated phone calls to check the legitimacy of a transaction? in Security and Fraud Archives