Fradulant transactions with giftcards registered to my address

SoupaGrrl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone 

In the last 6 months I have had 2 fraudulant purchases made through my Paypal account. One was for the PlayStation store and the other was for a Dominos pizza delivery with an address in a different city.

On both occassions the person(s) making the transactions used gift vouchers for these companies and both times the vouchers were registered to my delivery address. 

I also have 2 step verification on my Paypal account so can't log on without recieving a code text to my phone but both times, this was not activated and I was only away of the purchases when I received a confirmation email from Paypal.

Both times I have reset my password to something completely different and both times I have been refunded but I'm worried about it happening again. 

I can't seem to find anything relating to this specific scenario so any help or advice that could stop this from happening again would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @SoupaGrrl,

Thank you for joining our community forum!

I understand your concern about the unauthorized activity in your account. No need to worry! We offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions. Make sure to check your billing agreement payment as this charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past. You can check the steps on how you can report the unauthorized activity in the resolution center of your PayPal account here : How do I report unauthorized PayPal account activity

Once you report the transaction, we will review and update you via email by 10 business days. You can also find few tips on  how to avoid unauthorized account access here.

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.