Dispute purchase even if its still pending

Jofelyn
Contributor
Contributor

I have a pending unauthorized purchase to a seller. I cant file a case about it in the resolution center. What else can I do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jofelyn 

You can't open a dispute for a pending payment or transaction as the seller has not received any money yet.

If it remains pending for 30 days and the seller does not capture the payment then you get it back again.

If the payment completes you would then be able to open a dispute for unauthorised (if you did not make the order) or non receipt of item or not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jofelyn
Contributor
Contributor
I already sent an email to the seller regarding the unauthorized purchase of my account. They are now checking it, if the seller refuses to accept my payment. Can it lessen the days of refund of the said purchase? Will it be refunded immediately?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Jofelyn

Welcome to the PayPal Coummunity!

If the merchant does not cancel the pending payment, it will generally cancel itself within 7 business days. If it remains pending for more than 30 days, as @kernowlass has stated, it should cancel itself.

If the transaction completes and the merchant refuses to refund it, you can visit the Help Center article here to view steps on how to report an unauthorized transaction. 

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.