Dispute Requirements

Darkcyde13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Does anyone know where exactly I can find out what PayPal's criteria are for a refund dispute?  Also, what evidence exactly do they need?

I opened a dispute over a refund from Loot Crate, but was told they needed more info, and they just named it "Other".  I provide more evidence and asked what 'other' evidence they meant, and what exactly they needed.  However, I simply received a notification that my claim didn't meet their 'criteria', and it was closed.

Loot Crate had charged me for a subscription that I was not expecting and didn't want.  When I contacted them for a refund, they went silent and I've had no communication from them at all (after the initial acknowledgment of my request).  I opened a dispute with PayPay saying I've not received all that I paid for in the previous 18 months of Loot Crate and was not expecting them to take more money when they have failed to provide the goods from previously.  I provided screen shots of my messages to Loot Crate, and evidence of their failure to provide that which I had already paid for, but PayPay just closed the claim.

Any help or information would be gratefully received.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Thank you @kernowlass for your time and help on this one! We appreciate all you do!

Hello @Darkcyde13, welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction didn't go quite as expected. You have the right idea with an Item not Received dispute. Opening that kind of case for something that was not delivered is what we would recommend after trying to reach out to the merchant. Here you can review our Dispute Process and Purchase Protection information.

Good luck with your case, 

- Jon K 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darkcyde13 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darkcyde13
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I did, however as far as I was aware, Loot Crate were not supposed to take any more money until they had fulfilled all pre-existing subscriptions, and they had not done this.  The money was taken without warning that it was going to happen, and June was not the start/end of my subscription period anyway, so should not have been taken then regardless.

Loot Crate have failed to supply the product I have paid for, and obviously will fail to supply anything for this new charge either (if they can't fulfil the previous one, they are very unlikely to fulfil a new one either).  As far as I understand it, taking money without the intention to supply the goods or service, is basically fraud.  Going silent and not responding to customer enquiries is clear intention to ignore me and my requests.

Anyway, thank you for responding.  I would still like to know what PayPal's criteria are for a dispute, and what evidence they need, as I am unable to find this listed anywhere (unless I'm missing it somewhere).

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Darkcyde13 

Maybe consider the small claims court against the company for not providing the service.

Unfortunately there is nothing paypal can do if you have a subscription on their site apart from pay it as per your request until you cancel said subscription.

Unfortunately paypals buyer protection is only up to 180 days post payment of the original payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darkcyde13
Contributor
Contributor

The payment was only three weeks ago, so well within the 180 days.  Saying that, if I still have had nothing in 5 months time (so clearly not receiving the promised subscription), would I be able to open another dispute based on their failure to provide what I paid for?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_JonK

Thank you @kernowlass for your time and help on this one! We appreciate all you do!

Hello @Darkcyde13, welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction didn't go quite as expected. You have the right idea with an Item not Received dispute. Opening that kind of case for something that was not delivered is what we would recommend after trying to reach out to the merchant. Here you can review our Dispute Process and Purchase Protection information.

Good luck with your case, 

- Jon K 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Darkcyde13
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I received another message from Loot Crate, saying the exact same thing, "they've escalated the refund request and will get back to me".  Since then I've had another rejection notification from PayPal.  I had only opened the dispute once, so not sure why I got a second rejection.  Still, I've not heard anything from Loot Crate again, and it's been over a month now since I first requested my refund.

If PayPal can't/won't help, then I see no reason for me to continue using it, as the buyer protection for things like this was my whole reason I started using it in the first place. 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.