Canuck rookie at claims! Who should file it? Buyer? Seller? (ME! LOL!)

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item using Pay Pal goods & services back well before Xmas. Mailed out from Canada, using Canada Post. Buyer is a friend in Vermont. Tracking showed it left Chicago on Dec. 10, expected delivery was Dec. 14, no updates since. I know holidays can get busy, but items I've sent since have already been delivered, and they had to travel farther. Should I start a claim, or should the buyer start it on his end? I've luckily never had this happen before, do I have to put in a claim with Canada Post, U.S.P.S. (as they are the ones that lost it) or Pay Pal, as I used G&S protection? Thanks for any answer, John.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xc800can 

Seller protection is only to protect you against false claims of non receipt by the buyer when you can provide trackable proof of delivery.

If an item is lost in the post then you have to refund the buyer and then claim from any insurance you took out when you sent the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xc800can 

Seller protection is only to protect you against false claims of non receipt by the buyer when you can provide trackable proof of delivery.

If an item is lost in the post then you have to refund the buyer and then claim from any insurance you took out when you sent the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

xc800can
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, going to be interesting, I checked with my post office here in Canada, they told me once it's accepted at U.S.P.S., they're no longer responsible. If I try to put a search in on the U.S.P.S. website, it won't allow me as I'm not in the States! SO much fun coming! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.