Can't add funds to refund buyer during dispute

ayhunoni
Contributor
Contributor

My buyer did not recieve my item and opened a dispute before I could issue a refund manually. Paypal are holding the payment and my account is now in negative balance, if I click "Issue Full Refund" in the resolution centre I am told I need to add funds to my account (not sure why it can't use the money PayPal are holding from the transaction), but if I go to add money to my account I am told that I can't until all disputes are closed. How am I meant to resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @ayhunoni,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I do understand your concern with this. When a dispute is opened, any funds associated with the dispute are placed on hold. This is why you cannot see the funds in your PayPal balance. 

To issue a full refund you would need to either add funds to your PayPal balance, or use your bank/card. The amount on hold would not include the PayPal fee amount. To issue a refund, simply follow the steps here.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

ayhunoni
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, but the problem is PayPal does not let me add funds to my account until the dispute is resolved, but I can't resolve the dispute because I cannot add funds...

Login to Me Too

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @ayhunoni, 

Thanks for posting within the PayPal Community. 

I understand you are having trouble resolving a negative balance. I know this can be a frustrating situation. So we may review the options available, please contact us for assistance. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Thank you!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.