Buyer issued multiple disputes i have evidence that proves buyer is lying no PP response 4 1month

Temp20221029
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

So i posted some sculptures by a japanese artist on ebay last month. They are very popular items and i needed money to move fast so i listed them at prices low enough so they would sell asap. The listing had clear photos of the items and the boxes they were in which showed very light wear and the items were accurately labelled as used. The next day i have many offers and i decide to go with the guy who didnt haggle me too much, seemed pleasant and really wanted the items, and was ready to pay right away. He asked to send directly on PP to avoid some fees to which i said sure, he was in canada i am in the us. He sent the 3,150$ on PP and it was on hold of course, i replied to him i would send the item the next day as described in my listing as it was already the end of the business day, i thank him for his timely payment and good business, he replies please list the items as 100$ so he can avoid customs fees, i do not reply to this.  

The next day i wake up around noon eastern and my first priority of the day is to get these items packaged (big box, protective padding, etc) because i need the money lol. As i open my email in bed there's been a flurry of emails from the buyer that reeks of buyers maybe 3-4 emails within the span of a few minutes, and i notice he's opened a dispute with paypal. His dispute says he is "nervous" as it is a lot of money (had no problem sending it to me after a few sentences of contact yesterday), and i havent responded since the previous day (i just woke up...), besides i have until 5pm my time to get this package out to day. On top of that it is 9am where the buyer is located, so it just doesnt make sense for him to be freaking out first thing in the day when the shipping day has hours to go. I reply saying dude wtf where is this coming from? He says ok just send the item or refund him and its okay as long as i provide tracking. He reiterates two more times to list the value of the items as 100$. 

At this point i just want this sale to go through, i want the money in my account, as long as i do my part there should be no problem.  I knew i had a potential trouble buyer so at this point i record the entire packing of the items(professionally packed with bubble for 60$), a verification video of the items being the same items and in the same condition as my listing photos, the trip down the street to the post office, and the mailing of the item. This is all on continuous video so that this potential buyer cannot lie to paypal because i can smell trouble from a mile away. From what i understand from seller protection policy, I have nothing to worry about even if he tries to pull something. When i fill out the customs form, i list the value of the items as 3150 (which is what they were sold for) as i am not committing a crime for someone who is trying to **bleep** me over. I upload the tracking number to paypal and reply to the buyer via email with the tracking number. 

It takes almost two weeks for the items to clear canada customs and deliver, and the buyer signs and pays the customs fee of 300 something dollars. Immediately the buyer initiates a dispute for item not as described. I expected this would happen because of his prior behavior, and knew he would be mad he had to pay the customs fees. I provided everything that i have to paypal. Email evidence, original ebay listing with used condition noted, photo evidence from my videos of the packing, up close verification of the sculptures and their condition which matches my ebay photos, the dropping to the post office, etc, and my side of the story (objectively the truth). I cannot see how this buyer has any case because i anticipated this behavior and put myself one step ahead by recording the pack verification and drop. If i knew this would be so much trouble i would've cancelled his order and just sold it to someone else for a higher price, he got an absolute steal because i need cash, i paid for shipping, and had the audacity to initiate a dispute with no legitimate grounds. How is it even fair for him to dispute for half the value, as if he decides what my items are worth after we agreed upon a set price? I wasn't concerned at first because with all the evidence i provided he has 0 case, but i am getting worried because...

This case has been pending on paypal for over 2 weeks now with no updates and was initiatally opened over a month ago. How is this possible? Is there some way to directly reach a case worker from paypal? This is not fair to me at all i was dependent on this money to help move somebody please help i am in a bad situation extremely stressed out seemingly in limbo until someone from paypal decides to take action. Please help this is a horrible feeling selling these items was the light at the end of the tunnel for me and i am being held hostage from some scammer when i thought sellers were protected on PP

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @KaraonPP,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience with your buyer. I know this must be frustrating. When a buyer makes a purchase through PayPal, they have 180 days to report any issues to us. We cannot prevent them from opening a dispute.

When a dispute is opened, the seller is required to respond with sufficient evidence. It sounds like you have provided all the necessary information. This would mean the dispute is currently being reviewed. The review process cannot be expedited I'm afraid. 

Once the review is complete, you would be notified via email. In the meantime, you can always check the status of the dispute in your Resolution Center.

If you have any further concerns please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Support. To contact us, simply click here. Alternatively, you can contact us via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PayPal or Twitter @AskPayPal.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.