Bloomingdales Refund, Need Help

Tsanto
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone, I purchased an item from Bloomingdales in October 2020. I was able to return the item to Bloomingdales in December 2021. Bloomingdales accepted the return and claimed to have sent back the money on 12/14/2021 - $780 roughly. I’ve spent 8 hours taking to five different Bloomingdales customer service reps, another 4 hours chatting with PayPal reps and 2 hours talking with my bank Chase. No one can see the money and I paid with PayPal and they are not willing to file a claim or help. I have transaction completion and authorization IDs but still no one will help. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tsanto 

Nothing PayPal can do, too much time has passed for a PayPal dispute. The limit is 180 days. October 2020 is over 15 months ago or did you mean October 2021?

You may consider going to small claims court.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tsanto
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your advice. It’s definitely unfortunate that PayPal will only help within 180 days and that Chase can not provide support because I went through PayPal. I guess the lesson is to not use PayPal. Follow up question: because Bloomingdales has shared digital transaction documents and IDs for the original purchase and refund is it more appropriate to take PayPal to small claims court since they’re not willing to provide any documentation. Thanks again!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.