All contact options are B.S. bots answer EVERYTHING -

Temp20220908h
New Community Member

UNAUTHORIZED transaction for $669.89 appeared on my PP account for a digital currency purchase (Seller Info:  OSCAR [removed]; THORCHAIN DIGITAL CURRENCY).  Every possible option to contact paypal to notify them of this was IMPOSSIBLE!!  Chat option - BOT answers & is useless.  Phone number? I tried that too.... recorded  options did not work - "it" could not locate a transaction that "it" considered fraudulent... keep in mind "IT" was a FREAKING RECORDED VOICE.  Also tried to find an email NOTHING.  So, HOW CAN I GET TO A PERSON WHO CAN CHECK INTO THIS FOR ME??????

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220908h 

Tell the recorded voice that you want to speak with a human until they connect you to one.

If transaction is in Completed status in your PayPal account, click the transaction, then click “Report a problem”. Then click the unauthorized activity option.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

maya57

Sorry no solution myself. I got an invoice, also on 9-8-2022, for $589 also citing Thorchain Digital Currency to be delivered to [removed]. It appears we are both the target of the same phishing scam. The charge is currently pending on my account, but under the option to pay (DO NOT PAY IT) is also an option to "cancel invoice". I've messaged paypal help and am currently waiting on a reply. In the meantime, I hope the charge doesn't go through.

I'll update here on what happens.

Login to Me Too

maya57

So I looked up what other people have done and the good news is you can easily cancel the invoice (under the option to pay). I did this and now the charge has a line through it in my Activities and states "Canceled - Invoice Received". If there is no option to cancel the invoice simply ignoring it will suffice. Although this looks like a charge that is pending and will eventually be processed, it is actually only a request for payment that can not be fulfilled unless you the recipient actually clicks the payment button. As far as reporting this to Paypal, still waiting on hearing back from them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.