Alaskan King Crab Scam

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I responded to an advertisement that appeared in my Facebook thread for fresh Alaskan King Crabs shipped right to your door at phenomentally low prices.

The link went to the website [Removed]   Only option for payment was Paypal.  It appears I got scammed out of $45.  The phone numbers on the order confirmation are not working.  There is no response to the email I sent to the company.  It appears they are in China.  Has anybody else been bitten by this scam??

Login to Me Too
104 REPLIES 104

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

I spent $98.98 to Samantha [removed] for 4n order of king crab.  I didn't receive it and I contacted the Duncan Post Office.  They told me after I gave them the tracking number that the address given wasn't my address.  It was FAKE and the post office guy told me I had most likely just been scammed.  I contacted PayPal and they fold me to contact her.  I had no way to do so until they gave me the way to do it.  I tried 3 times to contact her and she wojldn't answer me.  I checked back tonight and she gave the pay pal people a tracking number and whatever else and they informed me that she sent me the crab.  I guess they are calling me a liar.  I didn't receive what I paid for.  Also, the post office told me the package they were to recieve was listed at 3 1/2 pounds when it should have been 40 lbs.  PayPal sided with this scammer.  She told them a lie and they sided with her.  PayPal is no better than she is.

Login to Me Too

1978captain
Contributor
Contributor

We're sorry, you can't file a case on this type of transaction.

Back to Resolution Center

BECAUSE IT IS ALASKA KING CRAB PAY IN 4 THAT WAS THE PAYPAL ANSWER I RECEIVED FROM "RESOLUTION CENTER"

SO I CLOSED THE BANK ACCOUNT AND NOW I RECEIVE:

We can’t remove this yet

This payment method is being used for scheduled payments. Choose a new way to pay before deleting.

BY THE TIME THE COLLECTION COMPANY NEGOTIATES A 25% PAY ($20.00) WITH ME PAY PAL WILL BE OUT ALOT MORE THAN $60.00 IN OVERHEAD & MANAGEMENT TIME

Login to Me Too

Plegian
Contributor
Contributor

Contact PayPal.  Call them and talk to a living person.  Tell them all of the details of your situation.  I did and they reversed their decision and I got refunded and Samantha [removed], the scammer, is going to be looked at by PayPal. Call them.

Login to Me Too

lrpisme
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I know about their scam. So far I have tracked them with three new websites and fake names. The first name of the website was "DeepSea" I ordered $20 worth of crab. They never got in touch with me. Never sent anything and never claimed the money through Paypal but PP made me wait a whole month to cancel it. I figured if it was real, great and if not all I would be out is $20 but I got my $20 back from PP.  Then they changed the name to "Alaskan Crab" which is already a reputable seller. When caught scamming on Facebook they now changed the name to B-Howell or B- Howel. I can't remember how many L's are in it. They have now branched out to sell power tools that would normally cost $1000 worth for $69. Whenever I see an ad on FB for LBs of crab for $20 I check it out to see if it is them again and report them to FB as a scam but of course, FB leaves up their ads no matter what.

Login to Me Too

Danceswithpike5
Contributor
Contributor
Bottom feeders from China. Good luck to all! Why is it that Facebook doesn’t screen these ads??!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.