Alaskan King Crab Scam

SteveinNY
Contributor
Contributor

I responded to an advertisement that appeared in my Facebook thread for fresh Alaskan King Crabs shipped right to your door at phenomentally low prices.

The link went to the website [Removed]   Only option for payment was Paypal.  It appears I got scammed out of $45.  The phone numbers on the order confirmation are not working.  There is no response to the email I sent to the company.  It appears they are in China.  Has anybody else been bitten by this scam??

Login to Me Too
104 REPLIES 104

johansec

It appears that FB, Paypal and Chinese scammers are all in this together.  I fell for FB ads twice last year that were selling amazing products and only accepting PayPal.   Both times PayPal refused my claim in which I was obviously scammed.  FB continues to host these scams, PayPal continues to funnel your money to the scammers and Chinese scammers continue to think of new and inventive fake products and promotions to tempt you with.  I will NEVER buy anything off of a FB ad again.

Login to Me Too

fgbuchanan123
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this came up on my Facebook and I too made the mistake of ordering 9lbs for $79.99 which was charged to my CC# and the order stated usually ships 2-3 day delivery. After day 3, I went to PayPal to dispute the claim only to find out the next day that they disputed, saying it was delivered to my front porch by USPS.  Well, my Ring Doorbell Cam doesn't lie and nothing was ever delivered. Also, I have USPS Informed Delivery service for mail and Package tracking whereas I received email images of mail delivered by USPS and nothing delivered from the company. 

Now, I am only left to report to my CC# and dispute the charges. 

Login to Me Too

fgbuchanan123
Contributor
Contributor

FYI, 

The site is now showing unavailable, Error: 1014

[removed]

Error 1014

Ray ID: 6d88be5acd6c81ac • 

What happened?

You've requested a page on a website that is part of the [removed] network. The host is configured as a CNAME across accounts on Cloudflare, which is prohibited by security policy.

What can I do?

DON'T DO IT !

Login to Me Too

Rdada

Same, but FB, Paypal and the Asian peeps got me for 99.00. Fake Fed Ex tracking number, dates do not match, lbs did not match the order or the fake FedEx number.  Home camera on the date they said it was delivered (Sunday) did not show Fed Ex here at all, CALLED Fed Ex and they did not deliver to this address on that day. Filed a dispute with Paypal and they sided with the scammers. No buyer protection from Paypal as they wont let me reopen the dispute. 

Login to Me Too

fgbuchanan123
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it TRUE that PayPal joined and took sides with the SCAMMER instead or the consumer. Fake shipping Tracking # and date product was shipped 1 week before the order date.  Had to get with my CC to dispute the transaction to get my money back.  Don't get taken by this SCAM  the Link appears to have been disable now but could very easy come from a different link .

Login to Me Too

Gap8852
Contributor
Contributor
I also was a victim to this scam. I called PayPal right away and they took care of this for me. So hopefully everyone that has been a victim, should report this right away…
Login to Me Too

LadyCyn
New Community Member

Yes, I too have been scammed with this bogus "great buy" on crab legs from Costco Seafood through a post on FB. I just ordered this morning and went to view my order and the page was not found. I went to my Costco account and the transaction isn't listed. So I have submitted a "cancel of payment" to PayPal and am hoping it can be done.  Old adage "If it looks to good to be true, it isn't"

Login to Me Too

fgbuchanan123
Contributor
Contributor

I would recommend contacting your bankcard and let them know what happen, decline any transaction and block any other transactions. Change your bankcard with new. 

Login to Me Too

CoffeeTalk
Contributor
Contributor
I saw the ad on TikTok. I noticed the quantity left showed ‘24’ (12 lbs). I immediately texted my husband and he said it was a great price. I went back to the ad, and the quantity left for the amount I wanted said ‘5’. I kind of panicked. I did a quick minute search on Google, came across a company with the exact same name, it had good reviews, so I quickly ordered via PayPal. Something didn’t sit right with me, the price was just too good to be true and I decided to dig a little bit more. Of course I came across this thread and quickly contacted PayPal. I opened a dispute saying I did not receive my product even though I just ordered it half an hour before. I explained my situation and why I ordered. With only ‘5’ left I ordered it because I didn’t want to miss out. I told them I didn’t get a confirmation email and that I came across other people that found out this was a scam. Within minutes I received a refund. The “trust your gut” feeling was there but I completely ignored it to get a good deal. Never again.
Login to Me Too

modlowarvai
Contributor
Contributor

I made a video for it to warn others - [removed]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.