Account got limited with no reason given, only 3 transactions on my account ever

Pearoo
Contributor
Contributor

My account was permanently banned even though there were only 3 transactions on my account; one for +600HUF, one for -762HUF (the additional 162HUF was taken off of my bank account), and one for +US$1. And no explanation given, no asking for verification that I am the person I say I am, nothing. Just banning my account without a word. This happened immediately after getting the last transaction, as a Streamlabs donation because I stream on YouTube.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Pearoo

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear your account has been permanently limited. Accounts may be limited for a number of reasons, but normally it's in an attempt to gain information on the owner, business, or activity of an account. However, if an account is permanently limited, it's normally due to some kind violation of our Acceptable Use Policy. It sounds like in this case it may be related to item 12 in that link: "Live Streaming/Broadcasting". You're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams, but please keep in mind they are normally unable to overturn this kind of decision. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Pearoo
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! @PayPal_JonK 

My account was limited and even though you said it's in an attempt to gain information about the owner, I can't even do anything in order to try and verify myself.

Pearoo_0-1675847005484.png

This is what I get when I click on the Customer Support link, then click on "Resolution Center".

This is still non-sense, by the way. I only had 3 transactions on my account, less than $10 total combined, and I got limited? It happened the exact moment I got the donation.

Pearoo_1-1675847309432.png

I also got an email telling me that the termination is final because my account was "involved in fraudulent or high risk behaviour". What does that even mean? The removal of the money from my PayPal account issued by Patreon is fraudulent???

Login to Me Too

Nonny55
New Community Member
Me too and I am really confused I just finished registration
Login to Me Too

Temp20230226c
New Community Member
The ban is an oximoron for one and for another it's a contradiction to itself as a business. And the way it does things makes the company look fake, like a scam, a thief, a crook a liar, and not trust worthy or even time worthy .
Login to Me Too

Temp20230226c
New Community Member
They did the same thing thing to me. I've held a PayPal account with them for about ten plus years. Been through the verification process more than I can count. And then one day they wanted me to do another verification because I was wanting them to release my money that they were holding onto. Next thing I know, I'm being banned just like you. No warning, no heads up or even a suggestive email telling me what caused the issue. PayPal sucks **bleep**!
Login to Me Too

Creedgamingllc
New Community Member
Same here PayPal is a joke that closes and account on no basis and without explanation I had over 200 us dollars in my account that PayPal refused to return to me I suggest switching to venmo and or cash app way better platforms
Login to Me Too

Jonitoz
Contributor
Contributor
Hey can u message got same problem
Login to Me Too

Jonitoz
Contributor
Contributor
Did u get resolved
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.