Sandbox doesn't generate any more IPN

medixxx
Contributor
Contributor

Since Dec-7-2022 03:08 UTC, it's impossible to generate new IPN after credit card payment test.

I only can resend previous IPNs from the IPN history.

IPN simulator works well.

I found a same case a few months ago.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Sandbox-Environment/Sandbox-business-account-doesn-t-generate-an...

Is there still anyone facing the same problem?

Please help! Thank you so much!

Merchant ID for Sand Box: YUM4CSAVC9Y24

medixxx_0-1670554490843.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

medixxx
Contributor
Contributor

I got a reply from the tech support team saying it was resolved.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Matthew140
Contributor
Contributor

We've started to see a similar behaviour on our automated tests, starting from the 7th of December, and also had the same issue per the link from medixxx.  Is this a regression perhaps?

Login to Me Too

Abrauli
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having the same issue.

In my case, I'm building a suscription system using Joomla and everything was working fine last weekend, but suddenly the IPN stopped working. For some reason PayPal isn't sending any notification to the system, so the orders get stuck on a Pending Status.

I contacted the extension's developers for support and they told me following:

Thank you for providing us with access.
I've tried to do one test payment at your site using paypal and then I checked paypal sandbox account.
Ipn URL is set correctly but on IPN history page not showing any ipn it means paypal didn't send any ipn on that URL.
see here: https://monosnap.com/direct/7PacyOuKys6WJrdIlnHDVO0Jv60o7p

Whenever a payment notification is sent on ipn url it will show in paypal ipn history page whether it's success, or failed. As it's not showing then need to contact to paypal support team.
PayPlans will update the subscription status when receive ipn from paypal as ipn not coming that's why the subscription is not updated.

You need to contact to paypal support team about this issue, that Payment notification are not sending on ipn.
you can share the video link also which i shared with you.
Also update us with the response you will get from paypal support team.

Login to Me Too

iz14
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem, no IPNs from beginning of december.

Login to Me Too

medixxx
Contributor
Contributor

I have yet to receive an answer from the technical support team, but it seems like IPNs are working now.

Login to Me Too

Matthew140
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, our automated tests passed last night too, meaning IPNs must have been processed.  I have just received a reply from tech support saying they're going to look in to the issue, but I guess they'll just come back now and say it seems to be working...

Login to Me Too
Solved

medixxx
Contributor
Contributor

I got a reply from the tech support team saying it was resolved.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

There was a backlog in the IPN queue for our sandbox environment and this was preventing new IPN's from being dispatched.

The backlog has now been cleared and new IPN's are being delivered as expected.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

xstempel

I am coming back with the same problem. Could you please check and fix it?

Login to Me Too

EvanApple
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also experiencing this issue. Is there any way to update the PayPal status page when this issue occurs?

https://www.paypal-status.com/product/sandbox

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.