Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal REST /payments API

SOLVED
Highlighted

PayPal REST /payments API

What does this mean?

Important: The use of the PayPal REST /payments APIs to accept credit card payments is restricted. 

It is not clear. What does restricted mean exactly. Restricted from who? No longer available to new merchants? i have to re-write a bunch of custom code using braintree? We already have a PayPal account using PayPal HERE. Why another service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: PayPal REST /payments API

Hi,

Direct card payments via REST API is only available if you have a UK PayPal account which has been enabled for payments pro.

The alternatives (non-REST) are either direct card payments via our classic API (direct payment), Braintree Direct or Payflow Pro.

Payflow Pro doesn't convert your account over to PayPal Manager. You use PayPal Manager in conjunction with your PayPal account. If you already have PayPal Here, it would continue to function and you can still log into your PayPal account.

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
3 REPLIES

Hi @KevinTParker

REST direct card payments are available only to customers located within the United Kingdom who have a payments pro account.

I am not sure what PayPal is doing here. I see that they are pushing Payflow Pro or Braintree. Neither option seems to be viable given how easy the Rest API was to implement. 

Braintree wants their own UI or Drop In. Why can everything be server side? and Payflow Pro want to conver my PayPal account over to manager.paypal.com. I need to keep using that account for PayPal HERE.

What are my options?!

Hi,

Direct card payments via REST API is only available if you have a UK PayPal account which has been enabled for payments pro.

The alternatives (non-REST) are either direct card payments via our classic API (direct payment), Braintree Direct or Payflow Pro.

Payflow Pro doesn't convert your account over to PayPal Manager. You use PayPal Manager in conjunction with your PayPal account. If you already have PayPal Here, it would continue to function and you can still log into your PayPal account.