No email notifications to payer in sandbox

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

I have made several payments in the Sandbox environment.  Each time the client (payer) and merchant (payee) accounts are getting correctly debited and credited (respectively).  When I view https://developer.paypal.com/developer/notifications I can also see the notification email to the merchant.  But there is no notification email to the client.  Why not?  (If I carry out other operations on the client account, such as adding a credit card to it, then a notification to the client does appear.)

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

MTS_Justin
Hello,

This issue should now be resolved and both parties involved in a donation should receive an email notification once the donation has been completed.

Apologies again for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

No.  I'm afraid this problem has not been fixed.  Instead it has got worse.  Previously it was only the payer that was not receiving a notification; now neither the payer nor the seller is receiving a notification.  Here is an example:
Txn: 0XG42168W3700330H

Invoice: 2916

Payer: [removed]

Seller: [removed]

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

It appears there was a delay with the transmissions for this specific transaction id. The transaction was conducted on the 7th Sept and the email notifications were only sent on the 9th September.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  I can confirm that this is now working correctly.  There was a delay of about 15 minutes before the notifications appeared, but I can live with that.

Thanks very much for fixing the problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.