Change the button from Sandbox to Production

SubitoCerchi
New Community Member

Hello ,
I integrated on a site the payment button.
I ran all the tests in Sandbox without any problems.
The button is the standard one that is generated to which I added javascript code to change the value and the return page

<script
src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=xxxxu_Te57qBkvhtttKnIt1CEyyyyaIgtJZwYCxORrisrvuX6AXKFMilTZZ_...">
</script>

<div style="max-width:550px; display: inline-block;">
<div id="paypal-button-container"></div>
</div>

<script>

paypal.Buttons({
  createOrder: function (data, actions) {
// This function sets up the details of the transaction, including the amount and line item details.
return actions.order.create({
  purchase_units: [{
amount: {
currencyCode: "EUR",
value: '10',

},

}], 
style: {
disableMaxWidth: true
}

application_context: {
  shipping_preference: 'NO_SHIPPING'
}

});
  },
  onApprove: function (data, actions) {
// This function captures the funds from the transaction.
return actions.order.capture().then(details => {
  // This function shows a transaction success message to your buyer.
//  alert('Transaction completed by ' + details.payer.name.given_name);
document.getElementById('loader').style.display = 'none'; // Nasconde il loader
document.getElementById('redirectMessage').style.display = 'block'; // Mostra il messaggio di redirect
setTimeout(function () {
// Effettua il redirect dopo 5 secondi
window.location.href = 'return.asp';
}, 5000);
});
  },
  onCancel: function (data) {
console.log('Pagamento annullato:', data);
document.getElementById('errorPay').innerHTML = 'Pagamento annullato.';
document.getElementById('errorPay').style.display = 'block';
},
  onError: function (err) {
console.error('Errore durante il pagamento:', err);
// Accesso al codice e al messaggio di errore specifico
var errorCode = err.code;
var errorMessage = err.message;
  alert(errorCode)

switch (errorCode) {
case 'CHECKOUT__PAYMENT_FAILED':
document.getElementById('errorPay').innerHTML = 'Pagamento fallito. Si prega di riprovare.';
break;
case 'CHECKOUT__PAYMENT_CANCELED':
document.getElementById('errorPay').innerHTML = 'Pagamento annullato.';
break;
default:
document.getElementById('errorPay').innerHTML = 'Si è verificato un errore durante il pagamento: ' + errorMessage;
}
}

}).render('#paypal-button-container');
</script>

what I changed in the transition from sandbox to real is only the client-id
But I can't get the button to work and in the brower console I have these error messages
{
"err": "Error: /v2/checkout/orders returned status 403 (Corr ID: f8372090db9a9).\n\n{\"name\":\"NOT_AUTHORIZED\",\"details\":[{\"issue\":\"PERMISSION_DENIED\",\"description\":\"You do not have permission to access or perform operations on this resource.\"}],\"message\":\"Authorization failed due to insufficient permissions.\",\"debug_id\":\"f8372090db9a9\",\"links\":[{\"href\":\"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-PERMISSION_DENIED\",\"rel\":\"information_link\"}]}\n

Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Pravallika
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @SubitoCerchi 

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

From your error message, it appears that the API call to "/v2/checkout/orders" is returning a 403 error, which signifies that the client does not have permission to access the requested resource. This could be due to a number of reasons, including incorrect permissions on your PayPal account and incorrect client credentials. 

If a third-party eCommerce partner is performing API operation on your behalf, you(i.e merchant) should be on-boarded and necessary API permissions should be granted to the Partner(API Caller). 

Documentation Link: PayPal Multiparty Payments,

Multiparty Seller Onboarding

Merchants can manually grant permission to a third-party eCommerce to access specific information in your PayPal account and perform PayPal API operations on your behalf.

Login to PayPal.com >> Settings >> Account Settings >> Website payments >> API Access >> Pre-built payment solution >> Grant API permission >> Contact your "Third-party software eCommerce" for Third Party Permission Username >> Enter the username.

Documentation link:   Grant a Third Party Permissions

If you are still facing issues, please create an MTS ticket via -  https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with all the relevant information, including your client ID, the exact API call you're making, and the full error message you're receiving. 

Sincerely,

Pravallika

PayPal/Braintree

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.