No email notifications to payer in sandbox

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

I have made several payments in the Sandbox environment.  Each time the client (payer) and merchant (payee) accounts are getting correctly debited and credited (respectively).  When I view https://developer.paypal.com/developer/notifications I can also see the notification email to the merchant.  But there is no notification email to the client.  Why not?  (If I carry out other operations on the client account, such as adding a credit card to it, then a notification to the client does appear.)

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

It appears there was a delay with the transmissions for this specific transaction id. The transaction was conducted on the 7th Sept and the email notifications were only sent on the 9th September.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"I have made several payments in the Sandbox environment"

What type of payments have you made, you didn't specify this information, please share example transaction id and merchant id for the seller sandbox account and I can review it.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an example:

19 February 2022 at 12:30:08 GMT
For the merchant (ID 8575KB9UQPNAS) the Transaction ID is 6UC292846E3343923.
For the client the transaction ID is 9Y880843M1896945V .
When I look in the notifications I can see the notification to the merchant but I can't see one to the client.
Login to Me Too

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

This is still a problem: the notification to the payee is appearing but not the notification to the payer.  I can furnish more examples if the one I have given above is insufficient.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Thanks for your update.

The transaction you shared was conducted on the 19th Feb 2022. If this is still happening today, can you share a recent example which I can review ?

There may have been an issue with email delivery back in February, so I'd like to confirm if it's working today or not before moving forward.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.
Here is an example from today: 

1. The txn for the payer is 5MY441419J924750U.

2. The txn for the payee is 71F16714V4505893Y.

3. The invoice number is 11.

4. The amount is 102.00 GBP.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the latest transaction information.

I've checked this transaction and I don't see any email being sent to the sender of the donation as you mentioned.

I'll need to perform some testing from my side and will revert back to you once completed.  I suspect that it's intended the sender of the donation does not receive an email notification as the same occurs when using the "send money" functionality within an account.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

P_J_M
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for looking into this.  I look forward to hearing what you find out.

I rather suspect, however, that the problem is not restricted to Donations and Sending money.  I think I had the same problem a couple of months ago with regular payments in the sandbox.  However, I can't replicate the problem at the moment because my test for it uses the encrypted website payments feature, which also appears not to be working in the sandbox (several people have raised this as an issue in this forum).

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I'm still waiting to hear back on the expected functionality for the donation email issue you mentioned. I'll post here once I receive confirmation.

In regards to encrypted website payments, they're depreciated now. Use hosted payment buttons or smart payment buttons instead.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

I've received an update that both the person receiving the donation, along with the person sending the donation should receive an email notification with the details of the donation.

The issue seems to be specific to our sandbox environment and is currently under investigation by various teams responsible for this functionality.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.